Glen Este 28 Ryle 7

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough loss for the Raiders to swallow after being tied at halftime. Didn't predict the score being so low but predicted a 3 td win for GE.

Why doesn't Ryle pass more? I know their starting qb is out, but with some of the skill playes they have, they should be passing way more IMO.

Tough loss for the Raiders to swallow after being tied at halftime. Didn't predict the score being so low but predicted a 3 td win for GE.

Why doesn't Ryle pass more? I know their starting qb is out, but with some of the skill playes they have, they should be passing way more IMO.

Game was much closer then the score shows. Ryle should have taken a 7-0 lead in at the half but a blocked punt set up a TD with 2 seconds in the half.

They don't pass because they can't. Back up QB played the first half and a third stringer, don't recall his name played the second half.

Glen Este couldn't pass either, only 2 attempts and no completions, not evven close. They had good success in the second half with the mis direction and inside reverses.

Ryle will be fine when they get their QB back.

Ryle will be just fine when they get their 3 starters back including their QB, who is a very good passer. I look for them to rebound and start a LONG winning streak next week at home. The Raiders just wore down in the fourth quarter after holding GE in check during the first half. Good job but a disappointing finish to the game. You can't beat a good team like GE without a passing game.

From the predicition thread by fballstud06: "Ryle will be outmatched in this one...I'm going to have to take Glen Este in a romp like last year...

Glen Este 42

Ryle 7

Hey, at least you called our 7 points correctly. I agree that Ryle must pass more and I bet they will once they get their 1st team QB back. Who knows? By the way, the game was not a romp for GE. In the first half, I bet GE had 60 yards of offense. They just wore Ryle out in the second half. I'm sure playing a good team like GE will make Ryle even better.

I was at the game and here are a couple of my observations...

Ryle's QB play/ offensive play calling in this game was just not gonna get it done today. Pee Wee style running offense and One look QB who throws the ball up to the WR without even gettin a good look of how open he is. They will be much better when there starting QB's jaw is ready to take hits.

The Defense for Ryle was pretty stout for the first half, but wore down when the offense couldnt move the ball at all in the second half.

Dont be fooled Glen Este is a pretty good football team in comparison to Ryle but for a Division 1 school in cincinnati they are way down. Glen Este IMO would lose to Highlands, Cov Cath, Beechwood... by probably 14 points atleast.

Glen Este has a monster FB who gets the ball alot in #32 he just wore out Ryle in the second half.

For Ryle to do good this year in district there going to have to get #25 to WR and not QB and just have there starting QB in there healthy and ready to go. It's not easy to move the ball when theres 9 defenders in the box everyplay because you can't throw the ball.

I keep reading over and over that Ryle was wore down. IMO that's because we have way too many players going both ways 100% of the time while several very good players watch from the sidelines. It's just not necessary. While the players going both ways are phenoms just how much better would they be if they were able to rest between offense and defense?

This speaks volumes about Ryle and I think it makes a healthy Ryle team the NKY 4A favorite.

Man Ru, I hope those Campbell fans that are annointing the Camels the NKY 4A Champs already on another thread, don't see this!! :D

I was at the game and here are a couple of my observations...

Ryle's QB play/ offensive play calling in this game was just not gonna get it done today. Pee Wee style running offense and One look QB who throws the ball up to the WR without even gettin a good look of how open he is. They will be much better when there starting QB's jaw is ready to take hits.

The Defense for Ryle was pretty stout for the first half, but wore down when the offense couldnt move the ball at all in the second half.

Dont be fooled Glen Este is a pretty good football team in comparison to Ryle but for a Division 1 school in cincinnati they are way down. Glen Este IMO would lose to Highlands, Cov Cath, Beechwood... by probably 14 points atleast.

Glen Este has a monster FB who gets the ball alot in #32 he just wore out Ryle in the second half.

For Ryle to do good this year in district there going to have to get #25 to WR and not QB and just have there starting QB in there healthy and ready to go. It's not easy to move the ball when theres 9 defenders in the box everyplay because you can't throw the ball.

Hey PBoy, I agree with some of your points. The play calling was very, very poor and predictable and I hope it's only because the QB is out right now.

Glen Este pushed CovCath around pretty good at a scrimmage I watched so you are very wrong that CovCath and Beechwood would beat GE by at least 14 based on what I saw. No way. Highlands is the best team up here IMO and the only team in NKY that would beat GE this year.

My favorite play of the game was when #8 from Ryle absoulutely decked #32 and knocked him out of the game for a short time.

#25 will be at WR when the Qb returns. You are absolutely correct about not easy to move the ball vs. 9 defenders in the box.

Things look bright to me this year at Ryle. They will have a very good season and will not surprise me if they end up at the top of the NKY 4A heap.

I was at the game too, and I doubt that Cov Cath, Beechwood or Highlands could beat them. They wooped up on CCH pretty handily and Beechwood and Highlands are just too small for them. Highlands would have the best chance, but it wouldn't be a gimme.

I was at the Ryle game today, and at the GE vs CovCath scrimmage.... For that scrimage every single receiver was out sick (Brovad played sick) three of the starting five O-line were down sick or injured. The D line was in no better shape.

Ryle impressed me today with their heart, but they still need a lot, not to win in 4A but to win against HHS, CovCath in 3A or even Beechwood or NCC in 1A.....