Trinity 42 Brentwood (TN) 41 (Frosh)

Just saw this on Twitter.

A nice win for the Baby Rocks! Early morning, long trip and a nice road win in overtime.

Anybody know what happened please fill us in.

Congrats!

Thanks for posting the final score Junkie, it is very appreciated.

Just like in the Highlands game, T was starting to pull away, and Ts OC puts in the backup QB (his grandson) and things start to go south. The starting QB is exceptional and should not come out. The coaches emotions are making this team work much harder for victories then it should. Fans and parents are well aware of what's going on as well.

Just like in the Highlands game, T was starting to pull away, and Ts OC puts in the backup QB (his grandson) and things start to go south. The starting QB is exceptional and should not come out. The coaches emotions are making this team work much harder for victories then it should. Fans and parents are well aware of what's going on as well.

Hey folks - this is coming from a Trinity fan/parent with a son that already graduated. I don't have a dog in the fight anymore except the fact I'm a Trinity fan and want the best for the program and all the kids.

I'm a fan of both QBs. I know people that coached them growing up and I keep pretty active in the local youth football scene. I'm a huge fan of each and every coach on that staff from the freshman level all the way up through varsity. Your comments on BGPs are not appreciated and the young men on that freshman team are very fortunate to have the coach you are speaking about. My boy didn't have the same coach running the offense when he played freshman and we were certainly missing something that year (still finished 6-3 with losses @Male, @moeller, @Cathedral). Coach had to step away and run his business. Wish we had him that season as he was very instrumental in grooming a long list of exceptional talent with an amazing resume. Stop talking about coaches that way especially when they have a resume most of us could only dream about. No place for it at Trinity.

I've seen the QB job delivered to a kid on a silver platter in recent memory and he is no longer with the school. Trinity will not make the same mistake twice. Does Ryan Young and Jake Woosley names ring a bell? Neither one of them were groomed to be the next big thing at Trinity but look at the stats - Ryan Young's state championship will be one the true Trinity fans will remember forever. Grooming 2 guys is a GREAT thing especially on the Freshman level - and we're getting W's at the same time.

I can't believe we're having this discussion on a public forum like this. I was at the Highlands game and the #2 QB had just as good of a day as the #1. Now we're going to bash kids after a win over Brentwood and one of the best freshman coaches in the city. Not good!!

Hey folks - this is coming from a Trinity fan/parent with a son that already graduated. I don't have a dog in the fight anymore except the fact I'm a Trinity fan and want the best for the program and all the kids.

I'm a fan of both QBs. I know people that coached them growing up and I keep pretty active in the local youth football scene. I'm a huge fan of each and every coach on that staff from the freshman level all the way up through varsity. Your comments on BGPs are not appreciated and the young men on that freshman team are very fortunate to have the coach you are speaking about. My boy didn't have the same coach running the offense when he played freshman and we were certainly missing something that year (still finished 6-3 with losses @Male, @moeller, @Cathedral). Coach had to step away and run his business. Wish we had him that season as he was very instrumental in grooming a long list of exceptional talent with an amazing resume. Stop talking about coaches that way especially when they have a resume most of us could only dream about. No place for it at Trinity.

I've seen the QB job delivered to a kid on a silver platter in recent memory and he is no longer with the school. Trinity will not make the same mistake twice. Does Ryan Young and Jake Woosley names ring a bell? Neither one of them were groomed to be the next big thing at Trinity but look at the stats - Ryan Young's state championship will be one the true Trinity fans will remember forever. Grooming 2 guys is a GREAT thing especially on the Freshman level - and we're getting W's at the same time.

I can't believe we're having this discussion on a public forum like this. I was at the Highlands game and the #2 QB had just as good of a day as the #1. Now we're going to bash kids after a win over Brentwood and one of the best freshman coaches in the city. Not good!!

I have no skin in the game either. As a Highlands parent at that game, I thought both Trinity QB's played well but it was my opinion that the 2nd QB played much better. He moved the ball well and had a crucial drive in the second half that helped Trinity secure the win over the Birds.

We kept waiting to see if Trinity's starting QB was going to take over. All we heard coming up to the game was how great he was and that he was the best in the state. I don't think there was any question that Highlands QB and our passing game looked much better during that one but that was just one game...You guys were definitely the bigger and faster team and you did what good teams do...you made the adjustments in the second half and won the game.

Highlands is in a similar situation in that we have 2 very good QB's as well at the freshman level. Hard to bench either one when they could start at most other schools. Curse of a solid football program I guess. :up:

Hopefully it will all play out okay and may the best young man win.

I have also made it to both games, and have no problem grooming two QBs. However, not at the cost of wins and losses, and certainly not for nepotism. Having been at both, has afforded me opportunity to hear fans commenting on th QB situation. In the case of the Brentwood game, because of the close proximity of both fan bases, Brentwoods fan where as shocked as Ts. At the nexted game, watch closely the play calling when #18 is in, versus when the backup is in. You should see a little bias when it comes the number of run and pass plays each is given. He is a good coach, no doubt about it, but his decision making is clouded by his emotions. "This is not good" either. incidently, had it not been for two of the assistant coaches, the starter would not had played in the OT. If memory serves me, he ran it in, to tie the score (kicker actually won it). I only want what's best for T as well, and the current QB situation at the freshman level, I'm just comfortable with.

Classic example of group think! I have coached with and against this individual you are referencing and know these statements to be false. Years ago while his own sons were on teams he coached he did not play favorites then and he is not doing it now. Playing multiple kids at all positions given they can contribute positively during a game is to the betterment of the team, especially at the Freshmen level. It also helps in the maturation process from Freshmen to JV and onto the Varsity level. More talent will remain on the team and kids learn to compete hard for playing time. As a graduate of and former Trinity football player, I know that daily competition in practice and during games is a foundational cornerstone to our success over the years all the way back to the Jim Kennedy days. Try being a little less myopic and take a bigger picture view. Go Rocks!

Classic example of group think! I have coached with and against this individual you are referencing and know these statements to be false. Years ago while his own sons were on teams he coached he did not play favorites then and he is not doing it now. Playing multiple kids at all positions given they can contribute positively during a game is to the betterment of the team, especially at the Freshmen level. It also helps in the maturation process from Freshmen to JV and onto the Varsity level. More talent will remain on the team and kids learn to compete hard for playing time. As a graduate of and former Trinity football player, I know that daily competition in practice and during games is a foundational cornerstone to our success over the years all the way back to the Jim Kennedy days. Try being a little less myopic and take a bigger picture view. Go Rocks!

Thanks Biotech. Well said. You obviously get it and speak from experience. Guys like you are the reason Trinity has 23 State Championships and ranked as one of the top teams in the state or even nationally.

If rdr1984 is going to reference Brentwood fans, I guess he/she should have sat a little closer to the Highlands fans. It sounds like the Highlands folks saw the same thing I witnessed - QB2 was just as effective if not more effective than QB1 at Ft Thomas on that Saturday.

I'm sorry guys. Just not a fan of throwing around words like Nepotism when history is totally against it - especially when you talk about a man that adds so much value to the program. Both QBs should get reps and as the season progresses, maybe one will get more reps than the other. QB1 is talented for sure - QB2 may be a little bit more of a project but he is worthy of reps - and the baby Rocks are still undefeated. I like what our staff is doing and I'm sure they are over qualified to handle the situation. This is nothing but 'noise' that won't impact the staff or this team!

I have also made it to both games, and have no problem grooming two QBs. However, not at the cost of wins and losses, and certainly not for nepotism. Having been at both, has afforded me opportunity to hear fans commenting on th QB situation. In the case of the Brentwood game, because of the close proximity of both fan bases, Brentwoods fan where as shocked as Ts. At the nexted game, watch closely the play calling when #18 is in, versus when the backup is in. You should see a little bias when it comes the number of run and pass plays each is given. He is a good coach, no doubt about it, but his decision making is clouded by his emotions. "This is not good" either. incidently, had it not been for two of the assistant coaches, the starter would not had played in the OT. If memory serves me, he ran it in, to tie the score (kicker actually won it). I only want what's best for T as well, and the current QB situation at the freshman level, I'm just comfortable with.

I see the problem now. There is some magical way that you expect them to be better than 2-0. For your peace of mind and those around you adjust to the fact that you aren't the coach and the team is 2-0 and Beatty isn't worried about 9th grade wins and losses.

I see the problem now. There is some magical way that you expect them to be better than 2-0. For your peace of mind and those around you adjust to the fact that you aren't the coach and the team is 2-0 and Beatty isn't worried about 9th grade wins and losses.

No magic expected, 2-0 is great, as long as it is done the right way. I would think Beatty is little more interested in how the freshman play and represent T then you imagine. After all, they represent a good portion of the FUTURE ROCKS!

No magic expected, 2-0 is great, as long as it is done the right way. I would think Beatty is little more interested in how the freshman play and represent T then you imagine. After all, they represent a good portion of the FUTURE ROCKS!

If it turns out that qb#1 parents are trying to sow dissent in the stands they will also find out how interested Beatty is in the frosh.

Could not agree more with the whole post, but especially about bashing a coach like this publicly. Coaches give a lot of time, usually voluntarily or for very little pay, to help coach up kids as players and young men (not just at T but everywhere). If you want to improve the situation please step up to the plate and see how easy it is to work full time and coach at this level and deal with all the "stuff" that gets thrown your way. Did you have the courtesy to talk to the coach face to face and voice your opinion? In the end a simple handshake and a thank you is more in line for coaches and officials alike.