US secretly pays Iran 400 million dollars for hostage release?

4chs

There's a lot wrong with politics today. There's a lot wrong with discussing politics these days also. Missing sarcasm is one of them. At the same time, the last thing I am going to do is discuss what Obama has done wrong with a bunch of people who hate everything he has done. I'm at the beach, I have beer, gonna cook some steaks shortly....this was a drive by for me. I may be back on tomorrow. I may not. Either way.....carry on!

In reverse order, enjoy the beach and the steaks!!!

I don't think President Obama has done everything wrong. What he has done wrong he has royally screwed up.

Your sarcasm is suspect at times.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get it...it's a bad precedent. But would you be against it if it was a family member of yours that was being held??

My family isn't dumb enough to go visiting in Iran. Us country hillbillies tend to not go where we ain't wanted or liked.

Well, I haven't gotten to delve into it all. I heard some on my way home from work. Basically, (if I understood correcrly), the money was of a settlement that was decades old. I believe it had to do with a failed weapons deal. And the money was paid in the manner it was because Iran is not a part of the normal world banking system. I actually thought I'd learn more here on BGP.

Well, I haven't gotten to delve into it all. I heard some on my way home from work. Basically, (if I understood correcrly), the money was of a settlement that was decades old. I believe it had to do with a failed weapons deal. And the money was paid in the manner it was because Iran is not a part of the normal world banking system. I actually thought I'd learn more here on BGP.

No surprise that some of that key info was left out and what was left in was bent and massaged to get folks up in arms.

There's a lot wrong with politics today. There's a lot wrong with discussing politics these days also. Missing sarcasm is one of them. At the same time, the last thing I am going to do is discuss what Obama has done wrong with a bunch of people who hate everything he has done. I'm at the beach, I have beer, gonna cook some steaks shortly....this was a drive by for me. I may be back on tomorrow. I may not. Either way.....carry on!

Gotta respect the classic drive-by.

It looks like they are saying it was part of the nuclear arms deal reached earlier. Iran isn't part of the normal banking system because of US and International sanctions.

Maybe be it was just part of the nuclear deal but spthe timing is suspect as hell.