Basketball Scholarship Offers

Ryan is 6'10 and a wing. He is a perimeter player who is an excellent passer and a good outside shooter. Lack of strength, quickness, & athletic ability is why he isn't a D1 prospect you have heard of. He has a ton of potential but very unique combination of size but guard skill set.

If he can put on 60+ pounds and get 2-3 steps quicker he would be a professional prospect and the best prospect in the country possibly. That is obviously a big "if".

He will be the best player no one has ever heard of in this senior class.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan is 6'10 and a wing. He is a perimeter player who is an excellent passer and a good outside shooter. Lack of strength, quickness, & athletic ability is why he isn't a D1 prospect you have heard of. He has a ton of potential but very unique combination of size but guard skill set.

If he can put on 60+ pounds and get 2-3 steps quicker he would be a professional prospect and the best prospect in the country possibly. That is obviously a big "if".

He will be the best player no one has ever heard of in this senior class.

Ryan is physically weak for sure. He's skilled but I don't see him ever being anything more than a D2 prospect at best.

He would never sniff being a top 100 player in the class even if he added 60 pounds because he is a below average athlete. To say he would be a pro prospect and top player in the country with added weight is completely nuts. He'll never even be a top 20 player in the 2017 class in Kentucky. Potential only gets you so far. At some point, there must be results.

Added 60 pounds and 2-3 steps quicker if what I said. That would make him a much better athlete - which we would both agree on I imagine. My point was that at 6'10, a high ball IQ, & perimter skillls all he would need is the strength (hence 60 lbs) & 2-3 steps quicker and he would be a top player in this class nationally.

I agree that he is a D2 player now but he could be a late bloomer once he stops growing so much and fills out.

Key would be his quickness .... very slow now which prevents him from playing man v man at a higher level or beating a player off the bounce. Not sure if he would ever develop that ability even if he stopped growing.

Added 60 pounds and 2-3 steps quicker if what I said. That would make him a much better athlete - which we would both agree on I imagine. My point was that at 6'10, a high ball IQ, & perimter skillls all he would need is the strength (hence 60 lbs) & 2-3 steps quicker and he would be a top player in this class nationally.

I agree that he is a D2 player now but he could be a late bloomer once he stops growing so much and fills out.

Key would be his quickness .... very slow now which prevents him from playing man v man at a higher level or beating a player off the bounce. Not sure if he would ever develop that ability even if he stopped growing.

Agreed on all points. The thing that separates so many D1 athletes from the lower levels is foot speed and the ability to guard (especially laterally)

• 2 weeks later...