Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is the best vacation you have ever taken?

Featured Replies

I have 3:

 

Absolute best trip: I got laid off from a 100% travel job which I didn't get to see my kids much so I bought an RV and took a 6 week trip with my two daughters (ages 9 and 11 at the time) the day they got out of school for the summer and went to Badlands, Custer State Park in SD, Blackhills, Mount Rushmore, Grand Tetons, and Yellowstone. We just took our time and and had no schedule. They still talk about it this day.

 

Aruba was awesome

 

And the most relaxing was a week long houseboat trip on Lake Cumberland 25 years ago.

  • Replies 110
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disney for 3 days and then on to Destin for 10 days with my wife and kids back in 2009.

I would advise anyone and everyone to go "out west" to see beautiful country. We went to Lake Tahoe in June of 2002 and it was awesome. So pretty. Completely different world.

 

My next goal is to get out to Bend, OR area.

Never was much into big vacations; we've always had relatives on the east coast of Florida and went there (and continue to) frequently.

 

Best short getaway vacation was to the Allegheny Highlands area of West Virginia. Canaan Valley SRP, Blackwater Falls, Seneca Rocks, etc. Like the Smokies but without all the outlet stores and bumper cars and miniature golf and bungee jumping and bumper-to-bumper traffic and...

Summer of 2010 two friends and I went to Myrtle Beach. Stayed with a girl and her three roommates at their town house right next to Coastal Carolina. A blast of a trip.

 

The one I have in two and a half weeks to Disney/Universal will most likely top it though.

Went to Nag's Head, NC in 2011 for July 4th week with my girlfriend at the time, two of her friends, and one of my friends. GF's family owned a beach house that was on stilts which I thought was pretty cool.

 

Upon arrival, I learned there wasn't a TV in the house so we enjoyed a full week of drinking on the porch, watching the flyover advertisements, and listening to the waves crash. I don't recall ever actually getting in the water.

 

As is the case with most great experiences, there was the downside of returning one of the girls to her hometown in West Virginia, which I'll never voluntarily do again.

Coming in second would have to be Panama City Beach during spring break my senior year of high school.

 

What was her name?

I wish I could take a vacation. By that I mean convince myself to take one and go somewhere. In my head, its just a waste of money with no return value.

I've only been on 2 real vacations in my life. When I was about 10, my parents packed us up and we went to the Smokies. Wonderful memories of driving there in our lime green Nova.

 

The other was Jekyll Island Georgia, with a side trip to Savannah. Going back next year.

I've only been on 2 real vacations in my life. When I was about 10, my parents packed us up and we went to the Smokies. Wonderful memories of driving there in our lime green Nova.

 

The other was Jekyll Island Georgia, with a side trip to Savannah. Going back next year.

If I was forced to live on the Atlantic coast, Savannah would be my choice.

If I was forced to live on the Atlantic coast, Savannah would be my choice.

 

The scenery there is not terrible.

If I was forced to live on the Atlantic coast, Savannah would be my choice.

 

Forced is the key word here. :thumb:

I have lots of family in Savannah, great place to visit.

1. Disney with the kids when they were much smaller, stayed at Animal Kingdom Resort and had a great week there. Spent 3 days at St. Pete Beach before going to Disney, wife loves the beach, so overall these 10 days were probably the best total vacation I've ever been on.

2. 1/2 Destin and 1/2 NOLA trip my wife and I took for our 20th Anniversary, we just had a great time. Rented a Townhouse on the beach for 4 nights then 3 nights in the French Quarter...great trip.

3. Took in-laws to Hawaii for a week, great trip...after all it was Hawaii. Golfed at the site of the first "Skins" made for TV competition, ate fresh pineapple at the Dole Plantation, watched surfers at the North Shore, went to a luau near Barbers Point and cried at Pearl Harbor.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.