Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is the best vacation you have ever taken?

Featured Replies

It was 3 or 4 years ago I went to New Orleans for a week for the entire Mardi Gras. I know it isn't for everyone but it was awesome. We stayed right on the corner of Bourbon St and the street all the parades go down.

 

It was a blur , but a hard trip to top.

  • Replies 110
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

* Montego Bay for honeymoon...all inclusive paid for itself by mid-week. Red Stripe on tap, water skiing, sailing, snorkeling, great food and drink, great food and drink, and more great food and drink!

 

* 2500 mile journey in the United Kingdom with family in my 20s through the Midlands, up to as far north as Isle of Skye in Scotland, and then back down into Bath and finished in London. More good food, drink and got to fly fish in Scotland!

 

* This months 12 day trip to Daytona/Southern Outer Banks...great time with family and friends boating, surfing, boogey boarding, with more good food and drinks! We love our food and drink...:lol2:

* Montego Bay for honeymoon...all inclusive paid for itself by mid-week. Red Stripe on tap, water skiing, sailing, snorkeling, great food and drink, great food and drink, and more great food and drink!

 

* 2500 mile journey in the United Kingdom with family in my 20s through the Midlands, up to as far north as Isle of Skye in Scotland, and then back down into Bath and finished in London. More good food, drink and got to fly fish in Scotland!

 

* This months 12 day trip to Daytona/Southern Outer Banks...great time with family and friends boating, surfing, boogey boarding, with more good food and drinks! We love our food and drink...:lol2:

Part of it is that I grew up on Lake Erie and it was easy access, been there more times than I can count.

 

Laid back and easy going.

 

A little of something for everybody whether it's a family or couples: boating, fishing, beaching, partying, wineries, sailing, caving ( Crystal Cave is really cool).

 

It's pretty much golf cart only on the island other than the few commercial vehicles.

 

Pretty much every weekend there is something organized going on. One of my favorites is the Phlocking of the Phaithful.

 

Put in Bay 216 Calendar | Put-in-Bay 216 Events | Put-in-Bay Ohio

 

I'm heading up there for a weekend trip this Friday. I've only been once and that was for a few hours when a buddy and I took the ferry over from Sandusky the afternoon/evening before a day at cedar point. We just hit a few bars and headed back, so I don't know much about the place.

 

I'm going to bring my Kayak and road bike to do some exploring. Outside of that anything particular you would recommend? Places to eat, etc.

I am lucky to have been on some very nice vacations and hope to go on many more! Love to travel. I have been to Alaska (incredible cruise), Hawaii, San Francisco (played Pebble Beach and saw Yosemite on that trip), Mexico, Jamaica and other great places in the Caribbean. As far as the best vacation though, it is a tie between Australia (Tasmania, Sydney, Melbourne and Cairns) and my most recent trip (Paris, London and Scotland) last May. Paris and London were simply awesome and while in Scotland, I got to play the Old Course at St Andrews. Now that I think about it...playing St Andrews trumps all:)!

I'm heading up there for a weekend trip this Friday. I've only been once and that was for a few hours when a buddy and I took the ferry over from Sandusky the afternoon/evening before a day at cedar point. We just hit a few bars and headed back, so I don't know much about the place.

 

I'm going to bring my Kayak and road bike to do some exploring. Outside of that anything particular you would recommend? Places to eat, etc.

 

Great place to Kayak and fish.

 

Go to Perry's Monument it's really cool. I like the Lighthouse too.

 

Put-in-Bay winery does a real nice tour.

 

The bar scene is very similar to Key West.

 

The Round House is my favorite bar. Mad Dog Adams is a blast. Try to catch his show.

The Boat House will typically have a good band every night.

The Sand Bar has a pool and swim up bar if it's hot and you want to cool off with a beer.

 

From a nature standpoint The Butterfly House is cool.

 

Hooligan's is my favorite place to eat.

 

I think this is the weekend of their annual 5k if you want to get out and run.

I've got two that top the list.

 

Family trip: Hands down Alaskan Cruise. It's truly amazing how massive and beautiful everything is up that way. Breath-taking.

 

My number one has to be St. Lucia for the honeymoon. Most gorgeous spot on Earth. Weather is immaculate. During the warmest part of the year it gets to upper 80s (very little humidity), during the coldest season, lows get down to around 70.

 

Resort was a ton of fun and met some great people from RI, Boston, and St. Louis that we've continued to stay in touch with. Hoping we can go back for our 5 year anniversary.

Grand Canyon road trip, this year. 1818 miles from my drive to Williams AZ, where we stayed, and worth every mile!! My family and I will never forget the sights there and allong the way. I think my wife and I agree that New Mixico wins the beauty award of the states we saw. That list included Indiana, Illinois , Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Kansas, Arkansas and Tennessee

This was, believe it or not, thought of a executed within a months time. I'm really glad we had this trip to look back on before the kids got too big to appreciate it. Our oldest starts her sophomore year today and will be driving in a few months! Once they get those wheels, it seems to get a little tougher to keep them interested in "family time"!

Great place to Kayak and fish.

 

Go to Perry's Monument it's really cool. I like the Lighthouse too.

 

Put-in-Bay winery does a real nice tour.

 

The bar scene is very similar to Key West.

 

The Round House is my favorite bar. Mad Dog Adams is a blast. Try to catch his show.

The Boat House will typically have a good band every night.

The Sand Bar has a pool and swim up bar if it's hot and you want to cool off with a beer.

 

From a nature standpoint The Butterfly House is cool.

 

Hooligan's is my favorite place to eat.

 

I think this is the weekend of their annual 5k if you want to get out and run.

 

Thanks for the info. I know they have a kayak poker run on Saturday, I'll likely give that a try if it's not booked up. I'll give some of the other things you mentioned a try as well, except for the urine pool lol, I've never been a fan of swim up bars as most people don't leave the pool to use the restroom.

 

A couple of other questions. Are there any beaches on the island itself, everything I am seeing is on the mainland? Also, can I bring my own beer to the island? I know that sounds like an odd question, but someone told me that you have to buy your beer once you get there. I thought they were kidding but they seemed serious, the only thing I could think of would be an issue with maritime law and having it in transport on the ferry?

Great place to Kayak and fish.

 

Go to Perry's Monument it's really cool. I like the Lighthouse too.

 

Put-in-Bay winery does a real nice tour.

 

The bar scene is very similar to Key West.

 

The Round House is my favorite bar. Mad Dog Adams is a blast. Try to catch his show.

The Boat House will typically have a good band every night.

The Sand Bar has a pool and swim up bar if it's hot and you want to cool off with a beer.

 

From a nature standpoint The Butterfly House is cool.

 

Hooligan's is my favorite place to eat.

 

I think this is the weekend of their annual 5k if you want to get out and run.

 

Great post and feedback...Mrs. C1 and I plan on a 4 day weekend up there soon. We'll certainly put this info to good use!

Thanks for the info. I know they have a kayak poker run on Saturday, I'll likely give that a try if it's not booked up. I'll give some of the other things you mentioned a try as well, except for the urine pool lol, I've never been a fan of swim up bars as most people don't leave the pool to use the restroom.

 

A couple of other questions. Are there any beaches on the island itself, everything I am seeing is on the mainland? Also, can I bring my own beer to the island? I know that sounds like an odd question, but someone told me that you have to buy your beer once you get there. I thought they were kidding but they seemed serious, the only thing I could think of would be an issue with maritime law and having it in transport on the ferry?

 

We always took a cooler of beer with us on the ferry. There is a public beach at the state park on the island.

A Mediterranian Cruise. Woke up in a beautiful location every day. Visited Rome, Athens, Santorini, and Turkey.

I want to go back to Maine in the summertime. My God that place was pretty.

Grand Canyon road trip, this year. 1818 miles from my drive to Williams AZ, where we stayed, and worth every mile!! My family and I will never forget the sights there and allong the way. I think my wife and I agree that New Mixico wins the beauty award of the states we saw. That list included Indiana, Illinois , Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Kansas, Arkansas and Tennessee

This was, believe it or not, thought of a executed within a months time. I'm really glad we had this trip to look back on before the kids got too big to appreciate it. Our oldest starts her sophomore year today and will be driving in a few months! Once they get those wheels, it seems to get a little tougher to keep them interested in "family time"!

 

RV?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.