July 14, 201610 yr I've had a few good ones but one sticks out. When I worked for Delta my wife and I flew to San Francisco and stayed 3 nights. We rented a convertible and drove down the pacific coast highway. I'm not a fan of driving but I think that was the most therapeutic drive ever. We stopped on the side of a cliff and watched whales in the Pacific. Stayed the night in Pismo Beach and proceeded to Malibu where we stopped and walked the beach. Unfortunately we stayed in Malibu a bit too long and hit rush hour traffic once we hit the 405, 2.5 hours to travel 32 miles to Santa Ana. Still a great trip and would love to travel back west.
July 14, 201610 yr What? I know, right? Imagine me complaining about horrible music. Like I said, the lake got me over it quick. When we did the return trip last year, with the ladies this time, I made sure to quickly set up my bluetooth speaker in the cabin while we were offloading our gear because I knew it'd be the last time I had DJ privileges for the weekend. Hit 'em up with some BR5-49.
July 14, 201610 yr I know, right? Imagine me complaining about horrible music. Like I said, the lake got me over it quick. Wasn't sure if you were referring to music or it being a suasagefest. When we did the return trip last year, with the ladies this time, I made sure to quickly set up my bluetooth speaker in the cabin while we were offloading our gear because I knew it'd be the last time I had DJ privileges for the weekend. Hit 'em up with some BR5-49. Wasn't sure if you were referring to music or it being a suasagefest. I feel for you, our next door neighbors want us to go camp with them and I don't know if I can based on their music preferences.
July 14, 201610 yr Wasn't sure if you were referring to music or it being a suasagefest. I feel for you, our next door neighbors want us to go camp with them and I don't know if I can based on their music preferences. The boat that docked next to us in Harmon's Cove was a bachelorette group. Not so bad. :banana:
July 14, 201610 yr Been staring at this thread since it was first posted trying to figure out what my answer should be. It is like asking me what my favorite restaurant or food is. I'll throw out a few. 1. Hawaii and Aruba, 2 of the 3 high achievers trips I've been on. Luxurious places, $2,500 to spend on activities and food/drink for those times we didn't have a free meal and they also give us $3 grand to pay for the taxes. 2. Disney with the kids. Did the land than the sea. Great move. The land part was right before fall break and the park was empty. Sea was relaxing. 3. Hilton Head, did a few family trips and now do a couple of golf trips a year. 4. Vegas. Been there with the Mrs. a few times. Love the people watching and the lack of clocks. 5. Fripp Island with the family. We did that when the kids were young. Great place for the family. Honorable mention; Punta Cana New Orleans, Jamaica, St. Kitts for my 25th (thought it should have ranked higher for what I paid). Pebble Beach (which was also a freebie), All the Florida and Myrtle beach trips and all of the NCAA regional boys trips I used to go on.
July 14, 201610 yr Family went to the Bahamas and stayed at the Atlantis resort for 4 days. It was a business trip so everything was paid for.
July 14, 201610 yr Family went to the Bahamas and stayed at the Atlantis resort for 4 days. It was a business trip so everything was paid for. Been wanting to go there. Big sticker!
July 14, 201610 yr Costa Rica Tree House - Amazing vacation rentals in Costa Ricas caribbean - Tree House Lodge, Punta Uva, Puerto Viejo, Limon If you love the outdoors, this is for you. Ziplining, white water rafting, hiking the jungle. It was awesome. Plus the Lodge is located a 20 minute bike ride from a very cool surfer town. Along the route there are cafes that bring the coffee beans from the plantations located DIRECTLY behind the store front. Lots of Ex-Pats and Europeans. It's Hippyish, but I can't wait to go back.
July 14, 201610 yr Honeymoon in Jamaica. Best vacation ever. I didn't like Jamaica. The people were very pushy compared to other All inclusives.
July 14, 201610 yr Been wanting to go there. Big sticker! Even played a scramble at the Ocean Club Golf course, greens fees were like 195-$240, I would never spend that much on a round of golf and enjoy it. It was included also with the rooms,food, and drinks.
July 14, 201610 yr My favorite non-Hawaii beach town is Folly Beach. Great little town with not much besides houses and a few restaurants. Close enough to Charleston to go find good places to eat. This is where we stay in the vicinity of Charleston. Right off of the Isle of Palms. Dewees Island - Charleston, SC We had our Honeymoon here at the end of July in '08. Literally saw 2 other families once or twice. It was like we had the island to ourselves.
July 14, 201610 yr Even played a scramble at the Ocean Club Golf course, greens fees were like 195-$240, I would never spend that much on a round of golf and enjoy it. Wow, very nice. I played Pebble Beach. I think that round was $400 bucks at the time. Also stayed in the lodge @ $600 bucks per night. A good buddy won a trip and took me! Crazy to pay that much for golf.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.