Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is the best vacation you have ever taken?

Featured Replies

RV?

 

No, wanted to rent one and had a little trouble getting the Wife on board! We just booked in advance three nights in Williams and would use our phones on the way there and back to reserve a room. We are really glad we did it this way b/c it allowed us to drive until we didn't "want to" anymore..... Really did not have any problems getting a room. It was July 4th weekend and that did concern me some. Really recommend taking this or a similar trip, for those of you that haven't!

  • Replies 110
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to go back to Maine in the summertime. My God that place was pretty.

 

Leaving Wednesday.

There are 2 small public beaches. These are not your typical beaches, they are not sand.

 

Put in Bay is a granite island so the beaches are more like gravel or pebbles.

 

Alcohal prices on the island are pretty comparable to the mainland, so I've never taken any over. I always take my clothes and stuff over in a cooler, that way I can unpack and have a cooler available, and not have to lug it all over.

 

I don't know of any restriction. I would ask at the ferry to be sure.

 

Note- there is no full proof liquor sale by the bottle on the island. The highest is 40 proof. So if you want a bottle of bourbon, you may want to inquire.

There are 2 small public beaches. These are not your typical beaches, they are not sand.

 

Put in Bay is a granite island so the beaches are more like gravel or pebbles.

 

Alcohal prices on the island are pretty comparable to the mainland, so I've never taken any over. I always take my clothes and stuff over in a cooler, that way I can unpack and have a cooler available, and not have to lug it all over.

 

I don't know of any restriction. I would ask at the ferry to be sure.

 

Note- there is no full proof liquor sale by the bottle on the island. The highest is 40 proof. So if you want a bottle of bourbon, you may want to inquire.

 

Thanks again for the recommendations and info. I ended up just buying my beer on the island, prices were fair considering it is brought in by boat. I did find the food choices limited if your looking for a good meal, but Hooligans was excellent, as was the Put in Bay Brewery. Goat, Soup and Whiskey also looked promising but we didn't get a chance to try it. Most of the other places seemed to be geared more toward pumping out mass quantities of food and alcohol, rather than quality. But I get that, no big deal.

 

The Kayaking was outstanding, my cousin and I probably got in 20-25 miles of paddling Saturday and Sunday. Played around in the rocks at Gilbitar Island, had no idea that OSU owns it. Paddled to Middle Bass Island, and paddled to both beaches. We ended up skipping the ferry on the way home due to the long line and paddled the 4 miles back to Port Clinton and met the family there. Excellent trip, I'll definitely be going back. The only thing I really wanted to do and wasn't able to was go to the top of Perry's monument, apparently it's only open on mondays and tuesdays.

Leaving Wednesday.

 

If you work a bit, you can find a lobster roll for $10 or less. But not on any of the islands.

If you work a bit, you can find a lobster roll for $10 or less. But not on any of the islands.

 

Awesome. Almost to the NH line. Sun coming up. Should be a beautiful final stretch jamming to Waylon!

 

P.S. I'm not driving

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.