Reds @ Rockies (5/30 - 6/2)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what point do you get tired of some of these embarrassments? If you're an every day player, you put up some runs only to see the pitching staff give it up the very next inning, are you just going through the motions now? Has pride, not to mention pay incentives, just flown the coop? I watch the games, as long as I can, to see if there is any improvement with the pitching and it's sparse. At what point do these guys get tired of getting the dog beat out of them? (And please, I know some of the 2016 starting rotation has been on DL all year so far.) I know this year and probably next were to be "building" years but to be honest, I didn't think the Redlegs would get their rears handed to them REGULARLY. Whine out..

Quick note on the eventual call-ups of guys such as Stephenson, Reed, and Winker...

Assuming I understand the calculation correctly, Monday (June 6th) will mark day 64 of the baseball season, which is important because it represents that there are less than 120 days remaining in the season. The Super Two cutoff date will almost assuredly be 2 years and 120 days or higher as it has been for the last several seasons. That means that come Monday, guys such as Winker and Reed are able to be called up with no fear of achieving the Super Two status. For Stephenson that date is pushed back to Friday or Saturday of next week.

Quick note on the eventual call-ups of guys such as Stephenson, Reed, and Winker...

Assuming I understand the calculation correctly, Monday (June 6th) will mark day 64 of the baseball season, which is important because it represents that there are less than 120 days remaining in the season. The Super Two cutoff date will almost assuredly be 2 years and 120 days or higher as it has been for the last several seasons. That means that come Monday, guys such as Winker and Reed are able to be called up with no fear of achieving the Super Two status. For Stephenson that date is pushed back to Friday or Saturday of next week.

So weird to me that they figure that out retroactively at the end of the season. Had a fellow, very knowledgeable, beer vendor explain it to me during the last home stand. Weird way to do things.

So weird to me that they figure that out retroactively at the end of the season. Had a fellow, very knowledgeable, beer vendor explain it to me during the last home stand. Weird way to do things.

Yep. It's such an arbitrary number too....22%. No clue how they came up with that.

Yep. It's such an arbitrary number too....22%. No clue how they came up with that.

So your prediction, based off of the Super 2 Analysis, is that Stephenson will be in the bigs within the next 10 days? I need to know for fantasy purposes. :lol:

So your prediction, based off of the Super 2 Analysis, is that Stephenson will be in the bigs within the next 10 days? I need to know for fantasy purposes. :lol:

:lol2: I'd venture it'll be later than that, they like to play things extra safe.