School Bomb Threats, What should the penalty be?

plantmanky

Not sure 90 days for an adult is enough to be honest. Calling in a bomb threat is a serious deal...an adult should know better.

And another alternative to jail...120 days/nights in a half way house with electronic monitoring...days spent on road crews picking up trash/dead animals, cutting grass, road repair, etc. Working, and actually WORKING hard. I would say "chain gang" but I don't think they actually do those any more, but would be in favor of it.

Agree that the punishment for an adult should be more than 90 days for such an idiotic move.

In the case of a kid, I would think that a supervised community service that lasts the entire summer vacation would be appropriate. Our schools are always in need of repairs and maintenance, so a summer of painting, cleaning floors, scrubbing kitchens and bathrooms, etc. would give the student plenty of time for reflection. Also, perhaps some charitable work with the victims of actual bombings, like VA hospitals and rehab centers could prove useful in their rehabilitation.

Overnight would scare the crap out of most 12 year old girls. The problem here is the parents.

In my humble opinion, her parents should be heavily fined for not monitoring her facebook activity. I wouldn't be opposed to one or both of them getting some jail time, too. Somebody, somewhere has got to force parents to be parents.

Adults should be handled harshly. More than 90 days IMO. I have no problem with juveniles serving a month. I am also for throwing in some comunity service on top of it for the kids.

With modern technology, how can someone do this and not get caught?