8 Family members murdered execution style in Ohio

plantmanky

BREAKING: Authorities name people wanted for questioning in Pike - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader on Monday are calling for the public's help for help in the ongoing investigation into the execution-style killings of eight members of the Rhoden family in Pike County

Investigators in the murder investigation are asking for information regarding the following persons:

George "Billy" Wagner, III, 46

Angela Wagner, 46

George Wagner IV, 25

Edward "Jake" Wagner, 24

The four individuals authorities are looking for are residents in Peebles, Ohio but are believed to be living in Alaska.

Investigators are interested in any information the public may have on those four individuals including business dealings or any other interactions. Specifically information regarding vehicles, firearms and ammunition.

Those who have information are asked to call the BCI tip line at 1-855-BCI-OHIO (224-6446) or the Pike County Sheriff's Office at 740-947-2111. Any information provided will remain confidential, and a $10,000 reward is still in effect.

In overnight hours of April 21 and 22 in 2016, eight people were shot to death in four homes near Piketon in rural southern Ohio. Six adults and a 16-year-old boy were discovered to have been shot execution-style. An eighth victim was found with nine gunshot wounds.

Three young children and two infants were left alive during the shooting.

The victims in the case are: Christopher Rhoden Jr., 16, Christopher Rhoden Sr., 40, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, Dana Rhoden, 37, Gary Rhoden, 38, Hanna Rhoden, 19, Hannah Gilley, 20, Kenneth Rhoden, 44.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of these folks related to the Hatfields or McCoys?

I would love to say they were never this vicious. But I would be wrong. I hope they find these people of interest but I also hope this is the first step of finding these killers.

My original thoughts on what happened was that it was a hit by a Cartel, either over money owed to them or over territory. Now I'm starting to lean more toward it being a crime of passion.

If this is over the custody of the little girl...wow. That's going pretty deep to remove the line of family on the mother's side.

If this is over the custody of the little girl...wow. That's going pretty deep to remove the line of family on the mother's side.

I completely agree, it would be disturbing on so many levels. Outside of that, my guess is an execution style robbery. The Rhoden's were growing/selling large amounts of pot, depending how long they had been doing that I imagine they have accumulated a large amout of money that was likely not in a bank account. All signs are pointing toward these four wanted for questioning being involved in one way or another so that leaves me to believe it was either the custody battle or since they were close to the family they likely had an idea of how much money was coming in and that it was probably hidden in the Rhoden properties. The fact that Jake Waggener had his daughter for a week prior to the killings and was scheduled to return her the morning the Rhodens were found sticks out a bit in my mind though. Throw in the fact that neighbors say the two were in the middle of a custody battle but the Waggener's deny that and it makes me lean toward this being a crime of passion.

• 11 months later...