8 Family members murdered execution style in Ohio

plantmanky

Lietening to Cunningham coming home from work and he was comparing these killing, with all the factors involved and the precision it was done to that of a military/Seals type operation. Figure Dateline will be making a visit to Pike County

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Several articles online that seem to point toward the DEA believing the Sinaloa (El Chapo) cartel may be responsible for the murders.

I feel like someone said that from the get go.... Well not Sinaloa in particular but a cartel that's been rumored to be running heavy out of Indy.

Then you have the 3 bodies that washed up in the Ohio River last week. If this is all from the same cartel it sounds like a bad time to be in the drug trafficking industry.

I feel like someone said that from the get go.... Well not Sinaloa in particular but a cartel that's been rumored to be running heavy out of Indy.

Then you have the 3 bodies that washed up in the Ohio River last week. If this is all from the same cartel it sounds like a bad time to be in the drug trafficking industry.

I believe this being a cartel hit being thrown out there has been mentioned earlier in the thread. I felt the same way, but suspected it being meth or heroin involved given the area. It appears that this may have happened over marijuana. I don't think it had anything to do with the Indy area though, seems as though the Sinaloa cartel has a strong presence in southern Ohio.

Not long ago one of the local Sinaloa leaders was arrested and $1 million worth of heroin and $450,000 cash confiscated. Thats a lot of money and dope. It seems as though now they are killing off the competition and claiming territory. Prior to this massacre I had no idea that cartels were prevalent in rural southern Ohio.

I believe this being a cartel hit being thrown out there has been mentioned earlier in the thread. I felt the same way, but suspected it being meth or heroin involved given the area. It appears that this may have happened over marijuana. I don't think it had anything to do with the Indy area though, seems as though the Sinaloa cartel has a strong presence in southern Ohio.

Not long ago one of the local Sinaloa leaders was arrested and $1 million worth of heroin and $450,000 cash confiscated. Thats a lot of money and dope. It seems as though now they are killing off the competition and claiming territory. Prior to this massacre I had no idea that cartels were prevalent in rural southern Ohio.

That's what makes the legalization of marijuana interesting in some regards. It's still a huge, huge market for the cartels. They aren't just going to rollover and give up that money.

That's what makes the legalization of marijuana interesting in some regards. It's still a huge, huge market for the cartels. They aren't just going to rollover and give up that money.

No doubt, if it were legalized these people may not be dead, along with thousands of others. I'm still not sold that this was just over pot, but it may have been. There could be other, more lucrative drugs involved that led to this, but at the moment marijuana is the only thing that has been mentioned as far as drug trafficking.

No doubt, if it were legalized these people may not be dead, along with thousands of others. I'm still not sold that this was just over pot, but it may have been. There could be other, more lucrative drugs involved that led to this, but at the moment marijuana is the only thing that has been mentioned as far as drug trafficking.

Meh, I'm not sure I think they'd still be alive if it were legal. I'm just saying that legal or not, if someone is trying to take money from a market that the cartel's have controlled for decades, it could be dangerous/messy.

We can also look at it this way. If they weren't doing something illegal they probably wouldn't have been murdered.

As Glenn Frey said.

I'm sorry it went down like this

And someone had to lose

It's the nature of the business

It's the smuggler's blues

Read more: Glenn Frey - Smuggler's Blues Lyrics | MetroLyrics

There's always going to be a black market, and these people were always going to find it. You play the game, you accept the consequences.

As Glenn Frey said.

I'm sorry it went down like this

And someone had to lose

It's the nature of the business

It's the smuggler's blues

Read more: Glenn Frey - Smuggler's Blues Lyrics | MetroLyrics

It's a losing proposition

But one you can't refuse,

It's the politics of contraband

It's the smuggler's blues.

• 2 months later...