8 Family members murdered execution style in Ohio

plantmanky

Many times it's not about not wanting to go after them, it's knowing you only have one shot at it. If you don't have the stone cold proof or willing witnesses it's hard to get a conviction. I know of a couple of cases where law enforcement "knows" who did it, but don't have enough evidence to convict or maybe even get an indictment. It's not always about "Not wanting to go after them", it's about not being able to. Double Jeopardy gives you one swing at it, if you miss they walk forever.

Kind of why the spate of murders over the past few years in Nelson Co. have gone unsolved. They know, but don't have enough evidence to tie it all together.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of why the spate of murders over the past few years in Nelson Co. have gone unsolved. They know, but don't have enough evidence to tie it all together.

Same way down here with a couple of the most well know unsolved murders, at least that's what I think is going on.

You think they have any idea on the Ellis murder?

Same way down here with a couple of the most well know unsolved murders, at least that's what I think is going on.

You think they have any idea on the Ellis murder?

Yes. It is believed to be tied to the missing (believed to be dead) woman from not quite 2 years ago, as well as her father, who was shot and killed in November. They just haven't been able to get what they need to tie it all together.

Some also believe the murder of the Bardstown HS teacher and her daughter from not quite 3 years ago is also tied to this, but I'm not totally sure. At this point, with all the weird stuff going in Bardstown/Nelson Co., I'm not ruling it out.

Yes. It is believed to be tied to the missing (believed to be dead) woman from not quite 2 years ago, as well as her father, who was shot and killed in November. They just haven't been able to get what they need to tie it all together.

Some also believe the murder of the Bardstown HS teacher and her daughter from not quite 3 years ago is also tied to this, but I'm not totally sure. At this point, with all the weird stuff going in Bardstown/Nelson Co., I'm not ruling it out.

Wow, that's a jacked up mess!

After reading about it, I thought it was a lost cause from the beginning. This wasn't, in my opinion, locals. This appears to be a professional hit in that all happened nearly simultaneously and the family was involved in the drug trade. I'd bet the shooters were long long gone before the first body was found.

This is DEFINITELY where I'm at on this one.

That was my line of thinking as well, these murders have "cartel" written all over them. A while back I remember reading a news article that quoted the local police as saying they believed the killer(s) had to be local to know the land that well. I thought that was an odd statement to make.

I work with some people close to this situation....it would appear that the statements above all have some validity. This was about business, but done by someone who was very aware of the business practices and personal patterns of those involved. There is an abnormally high concentration of questionable persons in this area that are not necessarily native to the region....but they are locals....

Sorry dude. I was at UK Medical Center getting an chemotherapy infusion for my MS. I didn't realize I had done it. I must have been a little loopy and fat-fingered it. Sorry about that. I'll see if I can undo it.

Gotcha. Hope all went well at the hospital. :thumb:

Gotcha. Hope all went well at the hospital. :thumb:

Thanks. It went pretty well. I'll just be really tired for a week or so and my immune system will be toast but it doesn't make me nauseous or anything. Hopefully it prevents any flare ups. I don't have to get another treatment for 6 months now.

• 1 month later...