Duke 2016-17

StickerMann

Better developer of talent? Better for 1 and done? UK can't win the title this year?

I don't give any college coach a whole lot of credit for developing talent. These kids were super talented when they stepped on campus. Their work ethic and mentality plays a larger part of their success than their coach developing talent.

Coach K is a better coach than Coach Cal. I don't even see how that is a debate.

Since Cal has arrived at UK Duke has won two titles and UK has won one. UK and Duke can win the title every year with the classes and coaching they have. You asked why would anyone choose Duke over UK. I gave you the answer. Coach K is a better coach and Duke has won more titles than UK since Cal took over the NCAA scene with tons of one and done players on UK rosters. Every individual player wants different things. There's nothing wrong with choosing UK over Duke of vice versa. I gave you my opinion on why a kid would choose Duke.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't give any college coach a whole lot of credit for developing talent. These kids were super talented when they stepped on campus. Their work ethic and mentality plays a larger part of their success than their coach developing talent.

Coach K is a better coach than Coach Cal. I don't even see how that is a debate.

Since Cal has arrived at UK Duke has won two titles and UK has won one. UK and Duke can win the title every year with the classes and coaching they have. You asked why would anyone choose Duke over UK. I gave you the answer. Coach K is a better coach and Duke has won more titles than UK since Cal took over the NCAA scene with tons of one and done players on UK rosters. Every individual player wants different things. There's nothing wrong with choosing UK over Duke of vice versa. I gave you my opinion on why a kid would choose Duke.

It's not like Duke has won 4 titles in that time frame.

Are we splitting hairs though? How much better of a chance is it? Is Duke that much of a favorite over UK with Bolden as a wildcat?

It wouldn't change my odds any. Duke returns more experience than UK. Duke has a better coach than UK. Frank Jackson, Jayson Tatum and HGIII along with Grayson, Luke, Matt and Amile? Why wouldn't they be the favorites over 5 new faces at UK returning with who? Marcus Lee? Briscoe coming back? Willis and Hawkins?

Duke would be what? 2:1 odds. UK at 4:1?

Are we splitting hairs though? How much better of a chance is it? Is Duke that much of a favorite over UK with Bolden as a wildcat?

No. I like the UK class a ton, but top to bottom the Duke roster is much stronger regardless of where Bolden lands...

It wouldn't change my odds any. Duke returns more experience than UK. Duke has a better coach than UK. Frank Jackson, Jayson Tatum and HGIII along with Grayson, Luke, Matt and Amile? Why wouldn't they be the favorites over 5 new faces at UK returning with who? Marcus Lee? Briscoe coming back? Willis and Hawkins?

Duke would be what? 2:1 odds. UK at 4:1?

Duke should the favorite. All I'm saying is that the margin by most doesn't seem huge.