Duke 2016-17

StickerMann

To be honest, I thought "Roderick Rhodes" when this first broke.

But like you it doesn't make sense that you push out a rising PG who will only get better to make room for a Center/Forward.

At least Rhodes was pushed out for Ron Mercer who was a better player IMO at the same position.

Plus Coach K told David Robinson's son, Justin, that he can't guarantee him a scholarship next season. It seems like that would be the Bolden scholarship. Not Thornton's.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Matt Jones tweet about Coach K pushing out Thornton for Bolden. That doesn't make any sense. Why push out one of the two PGs for a Center? Hell, at the least he could have pushed Grayson Allen out. I don't understand that logic.

So is Bolden a Duke lock now since it seems like UK's #1 fan is making accusations about Duke scholarship situation?

Matt Jones is the talking head for all UK fans. Every UK fan I know shares his opinions. If it's not Coach K talking to the Oregon guy or Grayson tripping or this, it will be something else. More UK fans live and breath Duke than Duke fans

Matt Jones is the talking head for all UK fans. Every UK fan I know shares his opinions. If it's not Coach K talking to the Oregon guy or Grayson tripping or this, it will be something else. More UK fans live and breath Duke than Duke fans

You must not read through the college bball forums much and see all the sensible UK fans on this website. We do have a few outliers, but most of us are pretty sensible and only care about Duke because it's fun to give @PurplePride92 & @GrizzlyAdams a hard time.

There's a forum on the the dukebasketballreport website that talks about and explains the transfer and offers up the fact that in order for UK to sign Bolden or Allen, Calipari has to either hope Briscoe stays in the draft and leaves or Mulder, Humphries or Lee transfers to free a scholarship because they are also over the limit

There's a forum on the the dukebasketballreport website that talks about and explains the transfer and offers up the fact that in order for UK to sign Bolden or Allen, Calipari has to either hope Briscoe stays in the draft and leaves or Mulder, Humphries or Lee transfers to free a scholarship because they are also over the limit

I keep forgetting Mulder is on the team. Could Dom or Willis go some kind of in-state walk-on academic scholarship thingy? Seems that's happened before.

Then you don't know more than a couple UK fans.

I don't know if there is a single "truth" in your entire post. Actually I'm quite sure there isn't. :lol2:

Who is Allen?

Thanks. I assume Kentucky is on his final list? Who else is on there?

Yes. There was an article yesterday that said they were closing fast or something to that effect. Not sure on the entire list, but I think Houston and Texas are two others (He's a TX kid)...

Yes. There was an article yesterday that said they were closing fast or something to that effect. Not sure on the entire list, but I think Houston and Texas are two others (He's a TX kid)...

Then that pretty much means Calipari has given up on Bolden doesn't it?