April 11, 201610 yr Wasn't Louisville seriously in the hunt for him at one time?, would like to see him end up there
April 11, 201610 yr Here is what the kid's trainer is saying. Trainer says Mike Krzyzewski misled Derryck Thornton
April 11, 201610 yr I'm still trying to figure out where Duke misled him. He had an opportunity to prove himself in practice didn't he? The whole world could see he is good. Did Duke tell him he'd be one and done or something? I feel bad for Thornton because it is obvious he left on good terms but this Mark Edwards fella is more bothered about it than Thornton. I guess he was trying to look like he was The Man and Jeff Capel and Nate James ignored him and now he is mad.
April 11, 201610 yr UK has the #1 recruiting class. But they don't return a Kinnard, an Allen or a Jefferson.
April 11, 201610 yr But they don't return a Kinnard, an Allen or a Jefferson. They recruited Luke Kennard. Not sure about Jefferson.
April 11, 201610 yr My post was poorly worded. I was telling PP2 that KY has less of a problem than Duke on who gets all the shots next year. Duke returns Kennard and Allen who took many, many shots last year. Plus they add many others who are shot takers. Will they all stay happy? UK has a big class coming in but don't return a plethora of high volume shot takers. Sorry for the confusion.
April 11, 201610 yr My post was poorly worded. I was telling PP2 that KY has less of a problem than Duke on who gets all the shots next year. Duke returns Kennard and Allen who took many, many shots last year. Plus they add many others who are shot takers. Will they all stay happy? UK has a big class coming in but don't return a plethora of high volume shot takers. Sorry for the confusion. Winning cures everything and most will be leaving after next year anyways. The only one I could see not being happy would be Luke Kennard but he lost shots when Grayson returned.
April 11, 201610 yr I expect them to be better than the Warriors.... 74 wins or bust... If they don't win 74 next season they may be the most overrated Duke team ever, and that's saying a lot.
April 12, 201610 yr Return: Allen Jefferson Kennard Jones Jeter Obi Add: Tatum Giles Jackson Bolden Undefeated and National Champs
April 12, 201610 yr He probably isn't going to see much time next season, but I'm a huge Javin De'Laurier fan. Absurd to think he'll likely be their 10th or 11th guy. He'd be a freshman all conference guy at pretty much any other high major in the country...
April 12, 201610 yr I saw Matt Jones tweet about Coach K pushing out Thornton for Bolden. That doesn't make any sense. Why push out one of the two PGs for a Center? Hell, at the least he could have pushed Grayson Allen out. I don't understand that logic. So is Bolden a Duke lock now since it seems like UK's #1 fan is making accusations about Duke scholarship situation?
April 12, 201610 yr I saw Matt Jones tweet about Coach K pushing out Thornton for Bolden. That doesn't make any sense. Why push out one of the two PGs for a Center? Hell, at the least he could have pushed Grayson Allen out. I don't understand that logic. So is Bolden a Duke lock now since it seems like UK's #1 fan is making accusations about Duke scholarship situation? To be honest, I thought "Roderick Rhodes" when this first broke. But like you it doesn't make sense that you push out a rising PG who will only get better to make room for a Center/Forward. At least Rhodes was pushed out for Ron Mercer who was a better player IMO at the same position.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.