Transfers impacting Regional Champions

Its a good thread, if Montgomery co doesn't have the Jones boy from GRC they don't even get out of the district.

Him and Davis at Paris were to of the best transfers in the 10th region hands down.

Impacted many wins for both squads

Jones was at Montgomery through his freshman season, went to Clark County as a sophomore and back to Montgomery as a junior.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids are recruited, jobs are given to parents and as long as parents move it should be no issue. The same will happen with the 2016-2017 season. It's a trend that really hurts the prior school with no commitment to a program. It's mire of a parents dream

This, I see no problem with it but it is always interesting to see.

Trinity has had several transfers across multiple sports. I do understand that many of their kids are not a true transfer because they go to some JCPS middle school and then enroll at Trinity for high school. Sorry if I offended you

You do realize there are lots of considerations apart from sports don't you? I knew a lot of guys that went to JCPS middle schools that then came to Trinity because their families thought it was best for them. The overwhelming majority of them never played a single varsity sport.

On the other hand, lots of folks I knew in eighth grade at our parish school ended up going to public high schools. Usually the parents were members of the parish that thought it important and meaningful to send their child to the parish school but couldn't justify the expense of an independent Catholic high school.

There is life out there and it takes place well away from a football field or a basketball court.

Does transferring or moving school systems seem out of control at times? Maybe. But the idea that families should somehow be made to feel guilty for the choices they've made is something I find completely absurd.

You do realize there are lots of considerations apart from sports don't you? I knew a lot of guys that went to JCPS middle schools that then came to Trinity because their families thought it was best for them. The overwhelming majority of them never played a single varsity sport.

On the other hand, lots of folks I knew in eighth grade at our parish school ended up going to public high schools. Usually the parents were members of the parish that thought it important and meaningful to send their child to the parish school but couldn't justify the expense of an independent Catholic high school.

There is life out there and it takes place well away from a football field or a basketball court.

Does transferring or moving school systems seem out of control at times? Maybe. But the idea that families should somehow be made to feel guilty for the choices they've made is something I find completely absurd.

I wholeheartedly agree with your post. I did not start this thread to shame parents for their kids transferring. I hope that's not what people think I was doing here. I was simply trying to stimulate discussion. Apparently that ruffled feathers.

Jones was at Montgomery through his freshman season, went to Clark County as a sophomore and back to Montgomery as a junior.

Yes I know that. If GRC has anymore transfers like him please send them the moco way, would love to have 3 or 4 more just like him.

Caleb Taylor attended London Christian Academy before transferring to South Laurel his junior year.

Andrew Griffith played at Williamsburg and was a big key in Williamsburg's run to a 13th Region title last season before transferring this past summer to South Laurel for his senior season.

Transfers have been a part of Ky HS basketball for decades...Pulaski Co won the State Championship in 1986 with two Hanson brothers from NC and Barry Stringer, who lived in Casey Co and was a vital starter on that team....seems like this has recently became a hot topic sine Mercer got a couple. Not much different than the private schools do EVERY year...anybody else agree?

Hopkinsville had James Nicholas who transferred over from UHA. Played varsity at UHA as an 8th grader. Also had akeem who they spent 2 years trying to get eligible. Somehow pulled off a miracle and got it done. This is the first season they did not have the top senior transfer over (not for lack of trying) from Christian County in the last 3 seasons.

That'll probably be the worst mistake Tandy can possibly make. Because rumor has it Trey hollowell and his brother looking to go elsewhere. If I was Tandy seeing how he is highly ranked in the country I would transfer to a powerhouse team like a Huntington prep or oak hill. That's just my opinion. But if he stay at uha he would literally have to go for 40 every game to win. And I don't see that happening

Tandy and the hollowell's are returning to uha. Lot's of hoptown folks spreading these rumors because they know that UHA will be legit next year with their entire team returning. The sebree transfer was not a "basketball transfer". No need to go into details but all sides in that situation feel good about how everything happened.

I can only see UHA being the third best team in the district. With county they will still have Mason, Ware, and sebree another three headed monster and a load of defensive players who are very scrappy and we'll coached. Hoptown only loses on player and that's Kourtney and they could possibly have the fastest backcourt in the state in jalen Johnson and shorty cager and also lengthy with scrap players. As for UHA they only have 3players who can actually play and don't have a bench what's so ever. Which is what Christian County and hoptown has. If they do stay it'll be another year of who gets to take the shots Tandy or hollowell which is not a key ingredient for winning because they only have 1 defensive player and that's hollowell brother. They will be top 4 in the region behind Henderson but they will still be mediocre behind County and Hoptown

I can only see UHA being the third best team in the district. With county they will still have Mason, Ware, and sebree another three headed monster and a load of defensive players who are very scrappy and we'll coached. Hoptown only loses on player and that's Kourtney and they could possibly have the fastest backcourt in the state in jalen Johnson and shorty cager and also lengthy with scrap players. As for UHA they only have 3players who can actually play and don't have a bench what's so ever. Which is what Christian County and hoptown has. If they do stay it'll be another year of who gets to take the shots Tandy or hollowell which is not a key ingredient for winning because they only have 1 defensive player and that's hollowell brother. They will be top 4 in the region behind Henderson but they will still be mediocre behind County and Hoptown

They return their entire team and beat henderson by 18 this year but henderson will be better next? Hokie dokie.

I'm a county fan but losing Roland and tyreke is going to hurt bad.