Western KY High School Preview

spartan18c

Can anyone give me an unbias preview of how the teams look in Western KY, preferrably Class 2A, Region 1, District 1. After a couple of scrimmages I think there should be a good feeling for what is out there. Can anyone compete with O Cath in the playoffs?

I would be surprised if anyone in District 1 was to knock off Owensboro Catholic in November. My guess is first place coming down to either Caldwell County or Fort Campbell, with Trigg County and Lone Oak fighting for third.
I agree... I think Caldwell may be the team to beat, but I am not necessarily sold on them. The district is up in the air.

Lone Oak has beat Caldwell County the past 2 years: 28-21 and 7-0. Should be a good game Sept. 8 @ Caldwell. Lone Oak has size, strength, and speed--should be a fun team to watch this year and could be the sleeper in Western KY. Don't be suprised if Lone Oak hosts a playoff game in Nov. Beware of Lone Oak, they will make some noise these next few years.

I feel the same way. I think the district is up in the air. Trigg and Ft. Campbell have been so dominate the past couple of years, but with the big losses they are trying to refuel the fire with young players. It will be interesting to see if Caldwell and Loan Oak can step up. Should be a good battle for the top spot.

Marshall County, avery good 4a school beat Fort Campbell 13-7 in their second scrimmage and Warren Central, another good 4A school beat them 13-7 in the first scrimmage. They seem to be very young, but talanted and hard workers. They will compete with anyone they play, Paducah Tilghman will be a huge challenge for them the first week.

I would like to hear some more about Trigg. From what I heard, this is one of the smaller teams they've fielded since Higgins arrived. I would expect the full out screen attack by Higgins much like his first couple of years when he was building the program to his liking.

I would like to hear some more about Trigg. From what I heard, this is one of the smaller teams they've fielded since Higgins arrived. I would expect the full out screen attack by Higgins much like his first couple of years when he was building the program to his liking.

He has a good RB in his sophomore and Higgins is high one of his freshmen. Last year he talked up this years sophomore class a lot. They need to figure out who their QB will be. In the Hoptown scrimmage with Daviess Co. Trigg had their moments but defensively had lapses and had trouble with the Hoptown athletes.

Caldwell is the team to keep an eye on I believe. Rodney Bell is a real good RB that doesn't get the recognition some of the other backs in Western Kentucky get. David Barnes is a hometown guy and is getting all the support he wants from the school and community.

Here is a link to the Trigg-Graves scrimmage: http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=99629

Marshall County, avery good 4a school beat Fort Campbell 13-7 in their second scrimmage and Warren Central, another good 4A school beat them 13-7 in the first scrimmage. They seem to be very young, but talanted and hard workers. They will compete with anyone they play, Paducah Tilghman will be a huge challenge for them the first week.

How good do you think Marshall is this year? After losing their star QB, I wonder how they will stack up against Graves and Mayfield this year?

Can anyone give me an unbias preview of how the teams look in Western KY, preferrably Class 2A, Region 1, District 1. After a couple of scrimmages I think there should be a good feeling for what is out there. Can anyone compete with O Cath in the playoffs?

I think Owensboro Catholic is the team to beat in Region 1 once again, just because of their size up front and skill people back.

I think Fort Campbell will be the team from District 1 that hosts OCath for the region title.

Caldwell County has a lot back with a new coach in the Tony Franklin offense.

Trigg County lost of a lot of key seniors from last year and will be young at quarterback and WR regardless of who plays.

Lone Oak could surprise some people but aren't overly deep from what I hear. Defensively, they need to improve from last year but should have enough to challenge for the district.

Webster County is a team to keep an eye on. They linemen had a very productive summer at various camps and they return a solid RB in Rollins.

Butler County returns a lot as does Monroe County and should give OCath the biggest test in their district. Glasgow lost a lot from a team that didn't look good the last few weeks of last season.

Edmonson County, Todd County, and Hart County are all improved from what I hear and should battle for the last playoff spot if Butler County or Glasgow continue to slip.