Would a 3rd Place game in the state playoffs help the KHSAA?

As a Shelby County fan, I was devastated at the damage the mighty South Warren Spartans inflicted on my team in the State Semi-Finals. It was certainly a bitter end to a storybook season for the Rockets, who had their best statistical season not only since the new Collins High School was built in 2010, but since their last regional title in 1993. So I propose a way to give losing teams a second chance- a third place game. I would have loved to see Shelby County and Wayne County duke it out for the bronze trophy. In addition, this helps appease statisticians- if only slightly. What do you guys think?

I would assume that after a team has lost in the semi-finals, they wouldn't be super motivated to play in a meaningless game. And I doubt many people would want to end their season on 2 losses.

But, for me personally, I'd absolutely love these games. They'd be an almost guarantee to be great.

As a Shelby County fan, I was devastated at the damage the mighty South Warren Spartans inflicted on my team in the State Semi-Finals. It was certainly a bitter end to a storybook season for the Rockets, who had their best statistical season not only since the new Collins High School was built in 2010, but since their last regional title in 1993. So I propose a way to give losing teams a second chance- a third place game. I would have loved to see Shelby County and Wayne County duke it out for the bronze trophy. In addition, this helps appease statisticians- if only slightly. What do you guys think?

Why?

No need for a "consolation" game. I get it in individual sports that recognize high placers and help determine steam scores (wrestling, golf etc). You'd have a hard time convincing me to be excited about playing in a 3rd place football game.

I remember my dad telling me about the consolation games in the NCAA basketball tournament. They stopped them back in 81.

I remember that consolation game.

No team needs to go out with 2 Ls to end the season after a strong run.