Are all teams doing Two a day Practices?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont you have to wait a week to go i full pads or after 5 pratices. But i think that just about all schools run 2 a days. I know we used to have 2 full practices (1 in the morning and 1 in the evening) and usually an hour of wieght lifting and 1 hour of special teams around noon during the week of two a days which was the second week of practice for us.

Wasn't Coach Harp one of the major voices claiming private schools break KHSAA rules? Interesting.

Sec. 5) Sports Specific Limitations - Football - Boys

(1) Organized non-contact practice shall not begin prior to July 15. During this non-contact period, a helmet, shoulder pads and shoes are the only football equipment that may be worn. The first date of practice in full pads shall be the earlier of seven (7) week days (not counting Saturdays and Sundays) prior to the opening day of school (which shall be defined as the day prior to the classes starting for the student body) or August 1 but under no circumstances can be prior to the fourth Friday before the first regular season playing date. After contact practice (practice in pads) has begun and prior to the first day of classes for the students, no school may conduct multiple onfield practice sessions in pads (e.g., two-a-days or three-a-days) on consecutive days (e.g., two-one twoone format). After the opening day of the school year, no school may conduct multiple on-field practice sessions in pads (e.g., two-a-days or three-a-days) on

a day in which school is in session. All schools shall submit all required documentation to verify the proper execution of the practice regulations, including scrimmage, contact, and heat/safety regulations and recommendations.

Manual had two-a-days my freshmans and Sophomore year... and then Junior year we got Nichols and he thought that we go to camp instead... where we had something like four-a-days!:scared: But it provided some good memories. Honestly, I preferred camp. At least you knew you couldn't go home, so you make the most of it. With two-a-days, it's like "how much would I love to sleep in tomorrow?" While quitting wasn't really an option for me, I REALLY had to fight the urge during two-a-days. That was when I discovered we football players were insane.