Todd Frazier Traded to White Sox in Three-Team Deal With Dodgers and Reds

HammerTime

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was the #1 player in the Braves system going into last season, right?

Close if not number 1. But their system was really weak and not what it is now. I doubt he'd be in the top 5 now. Swanson, Albies, Sean Newcomb, would all probably be ahead of him for sure. Maybe Blair and Toussaint. I don't think the Braves really were that high on Peraza. Not as high as I thought they were since they included him in the deal for Olivera.

Close if not number 1. But their system was really weak and not what it is now. I doubt he'd be in the top 5 now. Swanson, Albies, Sean Newcomb, would all probably be ahead of him for sure. Maybe Blair and Toussaint. I don't think the Braves really were that high on Peraza. Not as high as I thought they were since they included him in the deal for Olivera.

According to MLB.com's rankings after the draft this past season, Peraza would be #3 in the Braves organization behind only Swanson and Newcomb.

According to MLB.com's rankings after the draft this past season, Peraza would be #3 in the Braves organization behind only Swanson and Newcomb.

I understand that. I think his value has dropped, especially based on what I've read and the fact that he's been traded twice in a year.

I understand that. I think his value has dropped, especially based on what I've read and the fact that he's been traded twice in a year.

I've read that too. He started high last year and I think the thought was he would progress more. The Reds see something they like though. People said the same thing about the Latos deal so time will tell.

I don't think either team gave up on him as much as they needed to trade him to get what they wanted in return, the Braves from the Dodgers and the Dodgers from the White Sox.

Or it could be his propensity to swing at any pitch thrown anywhere between the 2 fungo circles.

Or maybe the 22 errors at 2B.

Or it could be his propensity to swing at any pitch thrown anywhere between the 2 fungo circles.

Or maybe the 22 errors at 2B.

209 ks in 2046 PAs over 5 seasons at all levels. That doesn't sound like a swing and miss guy to me. Remember a guy named Larkin who had 29 errors in one of his early years?