Ben Carson "I no longer try to stab people"

The good thing about this is it brings attention to a few things.

One being that people can leave a criminal or violent past behind, that reform does work with people, Maybe not all, but people do chance for the better.

Putting aside all of his odd comments recently, he left his young teen years behind. So why do we sentence young people to long sentences when they could change, maybe with help?

The good thing about this is it brings attention to a few things.

One being that people can leave a criminal or violent past behind, that reform does work with people, Maybe not all, but people do chance for the better.

Putting aside all of his odd comments recently, he left his young teen years behind. So why do we sentence young people to long sentences when they could change, maybe with help?

Are you saying young people who stab people shouldn't receive long sentences?

Are you saying young people who stab people shouldn't receive long sentences?

No, I am saying that there is a chance for some to "grow up", they all shouldn't be just written off, that with help some can change. There is a little bit of a difference between sibling doing stupid things towards each other Vs someone else as well.

If a young teen comes after you or I with a knife I think we would both possibly respond in a similar way, after the threat is over I would look real hard into the possibility of rehabilitation, before I decide how I wanted to proceed.

So it turns out that the whole incident may not even be true. Carson has me mentioned the event in 3 books, in each one the details vary, and then the way he described it last week it differed from those books.

A couple of months ago he was saying how people should rush a bad guy with a gun, then a few days later he said that he at a fast food place when it was getting robbed and he basically told the robber he wanted the cashier. Why didn't he "rush" the bad guy? Then we found out from Baltimore that that incident was not true either.

Why does Carson find the need to lie about these events? From his past that involves violence?