Ben Carson "I no longer try to stab people"

Ben Carson went on Meet The Press and assured voters that his days of trying to stab people are in the past.

"As a teenager. I would go after people with rocks, and bricks, and baseball bats, and hammers. And, of course, many people know the story when I was 14 and I tried to stab someone."

In Bizarre Interview Ben Carson Promises That He No Longer Tries To Stab People

I am not an admirer or supporter of Carson, but I find nothing wrong with this. What someone does at 14 should not be relevant if you have had a successful career and shown not inclinations or need to do these things as an adult.

He brought it up and I really don't know why, however, it is no big deal to me.

First of all, he is being honest, which is refreshing. Secondly, I have a lot of respect for someone who came from where he did and made himself who he is today. He was not born into privilege, was less than a perfect person, and became a successful physician.

Agreed, but to state the obvious the way he did? Oh well, just thought he could have worded it a bit better.

Caught me off guard as well. Didn't fit into the question that was being asked.

I watched this interview, I believe the question was about Carson being "soft spoken". Seems that if you are no longer trying to hit people with bats, bricks and stab them, then making this statement is fairly relevant...I'm glad he was able to turn it around, although there are probably a few in DC that could do with him throwing some bricks every now and then