Cincinnati St. Xavier @ Louisville St. Xavier

Who wins?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

St Xavier 3-7, Moeller 1-4, Elder 4-2

Far from cumulative winning record vs GCL South.

Add in 1-0 vs Chaminade-Julienne- still leaves the Rocks at 9-13 vs GCL.

Colerain 1-1, Garfield 1-0, Steubenvile 1-0 gives Trinity a 12-14 record all-time versus OHIO.:idunno:

Ah, I didn't see this...Thanks, thsrocks.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of corrections in what you have stated above.

St. Xavier is IN, no question. Win or lose against the Tigers, they are in. However, I do agree that Coach Specht will certainly paint the picture that they NEED this win as they have lost 2 in a row and 3 of 4.

LaSalle is going to roll Elder.

As for secondary points, they get those whenever a team they have beaten wins. So if CovCath (not likely), Mentor, Moeller, Cathedral and LaSalle all win, they get points. The fact that Cathedral's regular season is over has no bearing on the Harbins. St. Xavier will get points for Cathedral's win, WHEN they beat Lawrence North.

I am pulling for a St. Xavier Tiger victory. If STXLou is a program that still predominantly runs the football...good luck with that. The Bombers are not what they have been historically but they are good enough to stop most teams they play if running the ball is their primary means of moving and scoring the ball.

-CardinalsFan

The Tigers are a spread team that incorporates a lot QB run game. The last two times the Bombers have traveled to Louisville to take on the Tigers, the Tigers have pulled out the victory. Should be an entertaining game and if the Tigers can hold up on the Oline and Dline they have good shot of knocking off the Bombers.

The Tigers are a spread team that incorporates a lot QB run game. The last two times the Bombers have traveled to Louisville to take on the Tigers, the Tigers have pulled out the victory. Should be an entertaining game and if the Tigers can hold up on the Oline and Dline they have good shot of knocking off the Bombers.

I agree. I noticed looking at the stats posted on the KHSAA website that the QB seems to do a lot running and not much passing. This can be successful against the Bombers if you have the speed to get to the edges. I assume the Tigers are NOT slow.

Make no mistake, I am all bluegrass on Friday night as I will be pulling heavily for the Tigers. A loss by the Bombers will not exclude them from the playoffs but it would, I think, put them on the other half of the Division I state bracket in Ohio meaning we (Colerain) wouldn't see them until the state semi-finals.

Not opposed to that. It's a mental thing. Colerain is better than St. Xavier, but you just...never...know....

-CardinalsFan

The Xaverians are in hibernation. The Jesuits need this win.

Bombers will pull out a senior night victory 24-14 to help them earn a playoff spot. I understand the Tigers' staff has not placed very much emphasis on this game since they are guaranteed to make the playoffs.

Bombers will pull out a senior night victory 24-14 to help them earn a playoff spot. I understand the Tigers' staff has not placed very much emphasis on this game since they are guaranteed to make the playoffs.

I was curious how the staff would take this game. Good matchup, but has zero importance when it comes to standings or playoffs. But, why schedule a game like this at the end of the season if that is going to be your philosophy?

Ridder holds the key to the Tigers success. He has been consistently, inconsistent this year. He top games against good competition was against BG and Manual, but against the top two teams on their schedule, T and H, he struggled, especially in the passing game. He's their big play guy in the running game, they use about 3 other RBs, but their skill set is more of hard runners who keep the team ahead of the sticks. If Ridder plays well the Tigers have a good chance to pull out a victory, if he doesn't the Tigers will probably come up just a bit short.

I agree. I noticed looking at the stats posted on the KHSAA website that the QB seems to do a lot running and not much passing. This can be successful against the Bombers if you have the speed to get to the edges. I assume the Tigers are NOT slow.

Make no mistake, I am all bluegrass on Friday night as I will be pulling heavily for the Tigers. A loss by the Bombers will not exclude them from the playoffs but it would, I think, put them on the other half of the Division I state bracket in Ohio meaning we (Colerain) wouldn't see them until the state semi-finals.

Not opposed to that. It's a mental thing. Colerain is better than St. Xavier, but you just...never...know....

-CardinalsFan

The Tigers are a spread team that plays from mainly "20" personnel (2 backs, 0 TE's, 3 WR's). They primarily run read-option type concepts. They also run a lot of run-pass options. They throw a lot of quick screens and slants in the passing game.

At times this season, they have moved the ball quite well. However, they have struggled with the more physical teams on their schedule. Teams that play press coverage that take away the quick throws have given them problems, as well as edge pressure due to the fact that the Tigers do not deploy TE's in their formations.

The Tigers are a spread team that plays from mainly "20" personnel (2 backs, 0 TE's, 3 WR's). They primarily run read-option type concepts. They also run a lot of run-pass options. They throw a lot of quick screens and slants in the passing game.

At times this season, they have moved the ball quite well. However, they have struggled with the more physical teams on their schedule. Teams that play press coverage that take away the quick throws have given them problems, as well as edge pressure due to the fact that the Tigers do not deploy TE's in their formations.

Great information. Very helpful, thank you.

The Bombers are not a team that puts a lot of pressure on the QB. They run a 3-3-5 defensive stack. I think Ridder will have success as long as he makes decisions quickly and doesn't "stop and start" every carry.

Hoping against hope the Tigers can pull out the win.

-CardinalsFan

i would love to know where you get your inseider info. Just curious

A couple of corrections in what you have stated above.

St. Xavier is IN, no question. Win or lose against the Tigers, they are in. However, I do agree that Coach Specht will certainly paint the picture that they NEED this win as they have lost 2 in a row and 3 of 4.

LaSalle is going to roll Elder.

As for secondary points, they get those whenever a team they have beaten wins. So if CovCath (not likely), Mentor, Moeller, Cathedral and LaSalle all win, they get points. The fact that Cathedral's regular season is over has no bearing on the Harbins. St. Xavier will get points for Cathedral's win, WHEN they beat Lawrence North.

I am pulling for a St. Xavier Tiger victory. If STXLou is a program that still predominantly runs the football...good luck with that. The Bombers are not what they have been historically but they are good enough to stop most teams they play if running the ball is their primary means of moving and scoring the ball.

-CardinalsFan

Worst case with a loss to Lou X would put them about 14th. 16 make it. Could move up to the 8 range with a W.

I don't think either St X is considered any better than average by their lofty standards. I predict a Cincy St X win by 10-14 but nothing is a given, especially when going on the road. I am surprised that Louisville St X would want to play Cincy St X the last game of the regular season - it will be a physical game to say the least.

I don't think either St X is considered any better than average by their lofty standards. I predict a Cincy St X win by 10-14 but nothing is a given, especially when going on the road. I am surprised that Louisville St X would want to play Cincy St X the last game of the regular season - it will be a physical game to say the least.

I agree with that comment. This game has been the last game on the schedule for the last three seasons. I'm not for sure when this contract is up and if this game will/could be moved on the schedule.

Cincy St. X's offense is always a head scratcher. They have a tremendous O-line, good receivers, a good backfield and a good QB, but some of their play calling doesn't take advantage of their strengths.

With that said, I think Cincy X pulls away in the 2nd half and wins convincingly