Steve Spurrier To Retire

price499

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember he caused a big commotion with UK fans after one of his 77-7 type blowouts with his comment to a question about what he thought about Kentucky. His answer was, "They sure have a good punter."

Lol. Pour salt into the wound.

Here are some more digs he got in at UK's expense, will miss his funny quotes.

This was his reply when asked if UK had improved from the previous year:

"Well, they couldn't run the ball. And you could see, they can't pass it. Better? I don't know that I saw that."

After Florida scored on a last second bomb in their 59-31 win over the Cats.

I guess they were upset about that pass. Well, I called it. They were padding their stats, and I decided we were going to pad ours. Because ours were sufferin.' If Kentucky wants to be mad about it, we'll be up in Lexington next year, and they can do something about it then."

And this;

"We thought we did something big when we beat Clemson — then Kentucky beat them, too."

He's 70 years old. I seriously doubt he is going to do anything other than play golf, and maybe sit in a commentary booth some.

I like Spurrier as a coach, his antics always entertained me. I loved the fact that he always spoke his mind. Seems like the kind of guy who couldn't care less about what people thought of him.

I don't think I could take him doing commentary though. The football version of Bobby Knight....

With him changing it from retiring to resigning the timing of it all it makes me think he has an irreparable relationship with the higher ups at South Carolina.

Given his propensity to say what he thinks, I agree that something was said/happened that he just had had enough of. For those that say he quit on his team, he may not have had a choice in the matter. I've always thought he was a pompous posterior, but he talked the talk and walked the walk most of his career. There's no denying he's a great College coach.

I like Spurrier as a coach, his antics always entertained me. I loved the fact that he always spoke his mind. Seems like the kind of guy who couldn't care less about what people thought of him.

I don't think I could take him doing commentary though. The football version of Bobby Knight....

I think he'd be more entertaining and at least he wouldn't go ga-ga on every "unbelievable" and "amazing" play. He'd probably say "the kid made a good play, hell he ought to he's an all american."

• 1 month later...