Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should This Guy Be Arrested?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope

 

 

As long as Farrakhan and others can continue to speak of violence and nothing is done to them as they incite riots etc. then this guy is the least of anyone's worries.

  • Author
Nope

 

For sake of the thread and debate, be a little more verbose as to why or why not.

For sake of the thread and debate, be a little more verbose as to why or why not.

I added my reasoning to my post.

I'm guessing this falls under the same thing as Farkakan. But it seems awfully dangerous . At the very least LE should make him a person of interest.

  • Author
Nope

 

 

As long as Farrakhan and others can continue to speak of violence and nothing is done to them as they incite riots etc. then this guy is the least of anyone's worries.

 

Gotcha. Let's remove the others.

 

In general, is what this guy said enough to warrant an arrest? Can one go public with a video saying that if you come to our town you're going to die?

 

Or does that fall under Freedom of Speech?

  • Author
I'm guessing this falls under the same thing as Farkakan. But it seems awfully dangerous . At the very least LE should make him a person of interest.

 

That's an interesting point. I'd have to back and hear what the minister said exactly but I do remember legal folks saying that he qualified it. Can't remember what he qualified it with though.

That's an interesting point. I'd have to back and hear what the minister said exactly but I do remember legal folks saying that he qualified it. Can't remember what he qualified it with though.

 

I don't have the exact quote but he called for 10 thousand black men to committ acts of violence.

  • Author
I don't have the exact quote but he called for 10 thousand black men to committ acts of violence.

 

Just read it. Said "If they(govt/police) continue to kill us then we should kill them....." That's a summary but the "if's" are used correctly.

 

So from a legal standpoint (assuming that's the legal reason he wasn't charged) is that the same as what this man is saying?

Nope

 

 

As long as Farrakhan and others can continue to speak of violence and nothing is done to them as they incite riots etc. then this guy is the least of anyone's worries.

I think they should help the human race by locking both of those fools up in a jail cell together. Good riddance!

Just read it. Said "If they(govt/police) continue to kill us then we should kill them....." That's a summary but the "if's" are used correctly.

 

So from a legal standpoint (assuming that's the legal reason he wasn't charged) is that the same as what this man is saying?

 

Better legal minds than me will chime in I'm sure. There are hundreds of hate groups online who post similar messages and sometimes worse messages. I don't know if any have been punished.

 

I think it all comes down to specifics , but I could be wrong. For example if I point out a specific event . "Hey everyone there is a rally in the square let's go down and pelt them with rocks". The more vague and more general the group he is talking about I think he may be protected.

Farrakhan's recent rant

 

"Ten thousand fearless men, who say, Death is sweeter than continued life under tyranny. Death is sweeter than to continue to live and bury our children, while the white folks give the killer a hamburger. Death is sweeter than watching us slaughter each other to the joy of a 400 year old enemy. … retaliation is prescribed in matters of the slain. Retaliation is a prescription from God to calm the breasts of those whose children have been slain. So if the federal government will not intercede in our affairs, then we must rise up and kill those who kill us. Stalk them and kill them and let them feel the pain of death that we are feeling."

 

 

Both sides sure have their share of idiots who just can't chill out and consider peace as an option and solution.

  • Author
Better legal minds than me will chime in I'm sure. There are hundreds of hate groups online who post similar messages and sometimes worse messages. I don't know if any have been punished.

 

I think it all comes down to specifics , but I could be wrong. For example if I point out a specific event . "Hey everyone there is a rally in the square let's go down and pelt them with rocks". The more vague and more general the group he is talking about I think he may be protected.

 

As I always say the next case I try will be my first so...

 

Let's take the following 3 and see which ones, if any, should result in a charge.

 

 

1. If you try to hurt my child I will kill you.

 

2. Kill all white people.

 

3. If you and your black friends come to our town the last sound you hear will be this gun.

As I always say the next case I try will be my first so...

 

Let's take the following 3 and see which ones, if any, should result in a charge.

 

 

1. If you try to hurt my child I will kill you.

 

2. Kill all white people.

 

3. If you and your black friends come to our town the last sound you hear will be this gun.

 

How you phrased each I don't think any of the three should.

For sake of the thread and debate, be a little more verbose as to why or why not.

 

There's a Supreme Court case covering this type of scenario and it lays out the Clear and Present Danger elements pretty well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandenburg_v._Ohio

 

IMO, and I am not qualified really to say that this is the way it would roll, I don't think that he can be charged with anything. He is in the hypothetical. Now, if someone like that comes to town, and that person winds up dead, then I know who will be named on the warrant first. And...I know that this will go towards motive.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.