Bourbon County 31 Southwestern 29

GC_Lions

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They fell apart in the forth quarter. I believe they got too confident (players and coaches) and didn't adjust to the adjustments Bourbon made. It looked like Brady came out in 4th. You can't do that only up 2 scores. I heard from someone that they all (team and staff) were talking all weak that they would beat bourbon by 50. My thought to is don't do an onside kick everytime you score. Why give the other team the ball on the 50 all the time. It's not practice, it's a game. I am not the coach though just a fan.

You need to check out the thread on the team (Pulaski Academy Arkansas) that never punts and onside kicks every possession. http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/why-do-teams-308130.html

Looks to me like it was a close call as to whether his knee was down or not before he threw the ball. Was there controversy over that? Or was it clear at the field level that it wasn't down? Either way, that was an incredibly athletic play by the QB. Scrambled like that and then hit his receive in stride for the TD.

^^ But he wasn't down though. He's knees and elbows NEVER touch the ground. He balanced himself by using the ball and his other hand to pop himself up.
That is my question. I am not a rules guy so I am questioning if using the ball against the ground like that makes him "down" (assuming his knee didn't touch)

That is my question. I am not a rules guy so I am questioning if using the ball against the ground like that makes him "down" (assuming his knee didn't touch)

I don't think a player is considered down as long as a knee or a elbow hits the ground, which in this case it didn't. Now that's the rule in college and NFL and I will assume the same for HS.

I meant to post this the other day and forgot. There were a LOT of mistakes by Southwestern in the closing minutes. Fumble, penalty on 4th down, kick returner ran into a teammate and tackled himself and not sure what happened on that fair catch attempt.