Quite A Few Transfers In Louisville Area

There was quite a bit of movement this summer in Louisville.

J-town added William Brown (Doss), Delvonte McCloud (Doss), Dewan Billups (Valley) and Carlos Foster (Waggener).

Moore added Ramon Collins (Doss), Jason Richardson (Butler), Maleek Best (Seneca), and Darian Boykin (Southern).

Western added Anthony Coleman (Iroquois), Jordan Johnson (Male), Tremond Wade (Southern).

Eastern added Aundrey Chandler (Iroquois), Aaron Rice (Eastern).

Waggener added: Isiah Knight (Trinity), and Ethan Taylor (St.X)

Shawnee added: Jakobe Wharton (Doss), and Domonick Lewis (J-town)

PRP added: Chris Drabo (Iroquois).

J-town and Moore with new coaches had the most transfers coming in with 4 each.

Doss seemed to be the biggest loser with 4 good players transferring out.

I don't have knowledge of any transfers in from outside of Jefferson County.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised Fern Creek or Bullitt East didn't add anyone.

For those of us outside of Louisville how do all of these transfers affect all of these schools? Is anyone a region favorite now as a result?

Fern Creek and Bullitt East both returning their best players from last year. That district tournament could be a preview of the 6th region championship.

I don't think the transfers are going to make much difference in the 7th, where Waggener already was expected to be strong. I also think Central will be one of the better teams in the region. Ballard always seems to find a way to be near the top. Trinity lost everyone who played appreciable minutes, so they will have an all new team; difficult to imagine they will be near as good. Male has a new coach and Alex Cook returning - could be interesting. Manual lost DeWayne Sutton and likely will take a step back.

The major shake-ups occurred in the Sixth Region. Doss seems to be the big loser in the transfer game - it will be interesting to see what kind of team Coach Williams can put on the floor (as far as I know, he will have Jaylen Hall returning). Bullitt Central and Fern Creek were thought to have the best returning teams before all these transfers occurred, and they still seem to be the favorites in the Sixth. PRP may step up and challenge them. While it appears that several other teams will be better with the transfers (assuming they can become eligible), I am not sure they will be at the very top of the region.

.......... While it appears that several other teams will be better with the transfers (assuming they can become eligible), I am not sure they will be at the very top of the region.

I suspect the dust has not settled yet in Jefferson County. As noted above (assuming eligibility), if kids find out their "moves" were not within guidelines they may get ruled ineligible. Then they have a decision to make as to whether appeal a decision by rolling the dice or returning to their past school. Or as might be the case they use their actual address and transfer to their "resides" school which allows them to be eligible right away.

It will be interesting to see what the Jefferson County AD rules on some of these situations.

There is very little rules followed in Jefferson Co. Kids can basically transfer every year and nothing is done. Once in a while if its a high profile transfer there may be questions raised but transfers are usually granted. Most of these transfers begin with summer basketball. Kids are playing for different teams as soon as school is out. They will be ruled eligible. The kids that transferred from private to public will get challenged.

There is very little rules followed in Jefferson Co. Kids can basically transfer every year and nothing is done. Once in a while if its a high profile transfer there may be questions raised but transfers are usually granted. Most of these transfers begin with summer basketball. Kids are playing for different teams as soon as school is out. They will be ruled eligible. The kids that transferred from private to public will get challenged.

I agree, it seems as if the wild wild west at times. It almost always comes down to the use of an address that is on paper only. I do think the higher profile transfer is sometimes scrutinized more than others, especially if the coach losing the player chooses to challenge. Ironically, the coach losing the player may be opening up a can of worms themselves if the address on file at their own school is not accurate. It would not be the first time that has happened.