Quite A Few Transfers In Louisville Area

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Farris's mother was actually transferred to Louisville & Derek did move from Louisville. My point is they had to physically move homes. It's not necessary to do that in Jefferson county.

According to the rules you must physically move in Jefferson County. Whether kids always do is of course up to debate. But the rules require it and if proven that there is not any physical move then a player could be found ineligible. I guess it becomes the proving part that is where the problem comes into play.

HS coaching seems to have become "who can you get in, or get to transfer", rather than actual coaching ability. Some schools and coaches get transfers every year and never win a thing. There's also entitled kids that want everything handed to them and transfer multiple times. To be honest, AAU has fed this transfer monster because kids bounce from AAU team to AAU team like crazy just to get what they want. I think the whole scene in Louisville basketball has gone down in terms of coaching and development. I could be wrong, but that's what I see from a distance.

The sense of entitlement that comes from kids being "recruited" is the main problem... We've got kids in Louisville being told how great they are just to entice them to come to that school. Then, they never reach their potential because they are not motivated to improve because they've already been told how great they are...

I came from another state that was NOTHING like it is in louisville, and the level of talent coming out of that state far exceeds kentucky

HS coaching seems to have become "who can you get in, or get to transfer", rather than actual coaching ability. Some schools and coaches get transfers every year and never win a thing. There's also entitled kids that want everything handed to them and transfer multiple times. To be honest, AAU has fed this transfer monster because kids bounce from AAU team to AAU team like crazy just to get what they want. I think the whole scene in Louisville basketball has gone down in terms of coaching and development. I could be wrong, but that's what I see from a distance.

I have to believe that you are very CORRECT.

Why a lot of coaches in Louisville are getting out. All coaches in Louisville go after 8th graders. However, most coaches didn't bother players once they enrolled in a school. The young coaches today have no problem doing that. Why you are seeing so many transfers. Its like college anymore in Louisville, an assistant coach take a job and one or two go with him or come from another school. JCPS has allowed this. I don't believe for one second that all these families have moved. Especially the ones who transfer multiple times.

St. Xavier basketball doesnt go after 8th graders. If they do it's not very often.

Don't kid yourself. I know firsthand that St X goes after players. Just like other schools. They just don't have the same flexibility as that other expensive school in the area.

So if St. Xavier doesn't have the flexibility that Trinity has what then does their recriutment pitch entail since I'm assuming your saying that X won't offer as much aid as Trinity. Let's see. Hi Jason and James, I'm an assistant basketball coach at St.X. We would love to have you come to our school, receive a great education and will even pay $3,000.00 of your $13,000.00 per year tuition. Or did you mean something else by flexibility? If that's what you meant, I dont believe arrogant St. X would even waste their time knowing Trinity can outbid them for any and every kid.

In my opinion the X alumni is not in favor of allowing no catholic kids in at the rate as others. A very prominent X grad and supporter said, " if my son gets passed over for a team, I will raise all kinds of issues and stop my support." X is more selective. I could be wrong just what I hear from alumni that I know.

In my opinion the X alumni is not in favor of allowing no catholic kids in at the rate as others. A very prominent X grad and supporter said, " if my son gets passed over for a team, I will raise all kinds of issues and stop my support." X is more selective. I could be wrong just what I hear from alumni that I know.

I second this train of thought. I think they are more worried of the backlash that would happen internally if too many kids that they "go after" overshadow kids that come through the parochial school system, especially when there is the need to supplement their cost of attending. But to another posters point, that doesn't stop them from shaking the tree to see what might fall should there be interest in some top notch 8th graders from the area. I am also not suggesting they are doing anything wrong by doing so. Any Coach in Jefferson County who just checks in on first day of class to see who showed up will not be coaching long.