Quite A Few Transfers In Louisville Area

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second this train of thought. I think they are more worried of the backlash that would happen internally if too many kids that they "go after" overshadow kids that come through the parochial school system, especially when there is the need to supplement their cost of attending. But to another posters point, that doesn't stop them from shaking the tree to see what might fall should there be interest in some top notch 8th graders from the area. I am also not suggesting they are doing anything wrong by doing so. Any Coach in Jefferson County who just checks in on first day of class to see who showed up will not be coaching long.

I just want to make sure my thought process isnt in the gutter......what is meant by the part of your quote that is bolded?

Maybe old school and/or naive......but isnt/wasnt high school sports supposed to be about coaching the ones "who showed up." The next level is where the "bargaining" for players is supposed to take place???

I know this question is totally irrelevant because it's probably not important to these players and their parents, but what about the students academic development? You can't convince me that their baseline knowledge is not affected by transfers. Ask any kid who transferred because they HAD to, due to a move. It's not easy to get into the academic flow of a new school.

I know this question is totally irrelevant because it's probably not important to these players and their parents, but what about the students academic development? You can't convince me that their baseline knowledge is not affected by transfers. Ask any kid who transferred because they HAD to, due to a move. It's not easy to get into the academic flow of a new school.

Academics,,,,what is that ? LOL