What do you think of this quote?

Hellbird

Terrell Owens & Chad Johnson were able to back it up on the field. The sad part was the things the said and their conduct made you forget about what they did on the field. It cripples locker rooms and creates an odor that you don't want around your football team. You think Brian Boz was admired for all of his comments in the late 80's early 90's? I never wanted to give folks bulletin board material

THIS.

If you can back it up why do you need to say it. You've already said it on the field.

I understand its a different day with todays players and I honestly have become conditioned to this and really dont hold it against players. BUT the ones that "back it up" on the field and dont direct the spotlight on themselves are the ones I hold highest.

I don't see a problem with it. If the kid continued to give these answers out I would, however these high school players aren't interviewed that often. Maybe the kid was hyped up?

I like the confidence. As long as it doesn't upset his teammates and he lets them know it was a spur of the moment thing it is fine.

I don't honestly understand that quote.

I mean, I get what it means and everything like that. But, it just seems obvious. Great players make great plays? YOU DON'T SAY? Wow.

If you want to be a big time player, then you make big time plays. That seems really really simple.

I'm a little different in opinion on this one. I get that high school kids don't get interviewed very often. So I never would judge any of them. However, we try to teach the kids "team" when being interviewed. Don't talk about yourself. Replace "me" with "we" and "us". I know it's hard to control what kids say, especially in football when you have that many. But simple little reminders can make a kid sound confident without being cocky. But again, I never judge high school kids. Heck, most of them handle themselves way better than their parents would...being interviewed!

Terrell Owens & Chad Johnson were able to back it up on the field. The sad part was the things the said and their conduct made you forget about what they did on the field. It cripples locker rooms and creates an odor that you don't want around your football team. You think Brian Boz was admired for all of his comments in the late 80's early 90's? I never wanted to give folks bulletin board material

Just like I said earlier in this thread, you need to know when to turn it on and off. Boz NEVER turned it off.