What do you think of this quote?

Hellbird

"Big time players make big time plays"

Sounds great as

coach speak when talking about one of their players, but does it come across the same if a player says it about himself?

I was wondering what others felt if they read that quote.

It's tough because these kids are not interviewed that often so it's sometimes very unpredictable.

Not something you say publicly as a player, but something that is acceptable amongst his teammates in the locker room after the game.

This is a teaching moment for the staff and his family, I'm sure they are all over this one.....

It's tough because these kids are not interviewed that often so it's sometimes very unpredictable.

Not something you say publicly as a player, but something that is acceptable amongst his teammates in the locker room after the game.

This is a teaching moment for the staff and his family, I'm sure they are all over this one.....

That is exactly what I thought also. I hope its a learning experience.

Stays on the side of confidence and does not cross over to arrogance IMO. So it's fine to me.

I love it.

If you can "back it up", more power to ya. Cockiness brings on confidence, but you also have to keep it in check and know when to turn it off and on......might be asking much from a high school player, but I say have at it.

Terrell Owens & Chad Johnson were able to back it up on the field. The sad part was the things the said and their conduct made you forget about what they did on the field. It cripples locker rooms and creates an odor that you don't want around your football team. You think Brian Boz was admired for all of his comments in the late 80's early 90's? I never wanted to give folks bulletin board material

I have a feeling here is how the likes and dislikes

will go in this thread.

The ones that don't like hearing people refer to themselves in 3rd person won't like it too much and those that like when people talk in 3rd person will like it

just a hunch

I have a feeling here is how the likes and dislikes

will go in this thread.

The ones that don't like hearing people refer to themselves in 3rd person won't like it too much and those that like when people talk in 3rd person will like it

just a hunch

LRCW doesn't know whether to like the above post or not.

Kinda cocky but if the player can back it up its ok. As a player walk softly and carry a big stick. Barry Sanders hand the ball to the official after a touchdown. Act like you have been their before. We fans can act like idiots.