5A #2 Bowling Green vs 2A #9 Monroe County (Rafferty's Bowl) Predictions

Motivation

5A #2 Bowling Green vs 2A #9 Monroe County  

26 members have voted

1. 1. 5A #2 Bowling Green vs 2A #9 Monroe County

• Bowling Green Purples
    • Monroe County Falcons

Yes and no.

I think Monroe hangs tough and are competitive... but way too much gamebreaking speed out of the Purples.

That aspect alone I believe makes a Final Score that is a whole lot more lopsided than the product on the field suggests. What will be a 10-15 yard gain against anyone else Monroe plays may be a 45 yard TD against BG. Conversely, Monroe will have 15 yard pops that would go for 6 against most anyone else.

I think it ends up being a blowout on the scoreboard... but a game that Monroe feels good about because outside of isolated plays they actually go toe to toe.

42-10

IMHO I truly feel Monroe plays tough and stays competitive. Do they win....I will never say a team is better than Monroe. I will say Monroe's best 11 will play four quarters, I just can't say it will be enough to beat BowlingGreen. I am very excited about this match up...win or lose I feel this is a really good season opener for the Falcons. Good luck to all and I hope everyone stays healthy!!!

Just a thought....if the football Gods blessed Monroe with a perfect game and they pull out the upset what would that actually do to the Football community!!!! Would it be considered a fluke...

Would they say BG is down this year...

It would Monroe be considered a contender....

Just a thought out loud!!!!!!

There was 19 Falcon players injured last season if I remember. I am counting 19 Seniors on the roster. Maybe Monroe County can get on that big yellow bus and travel to BG to defeat the Purples by 19 points.

I think the Purples will win, but I'd really like to get on that big yellow bus.

Bowling Green wins by more than enough to prove a point. But anybody who understands actual football realizes that Monroe played it closer than the score says.

I'd say BG by a running clock. But I think anybody watching the game will realize that Monroe could easily punch the teeth out of just about anybody in 2A this year.

BG wins this game and if you only look at the score you think it was a cake walk but if your at the game its really close for a good spell then its not. But Monroe County will be heard from this year. I predict it takes the Mayfield Cardinals to knock this group out of the playoffs.