Reds Post All-Star Game Averages

Frazier looked lost at the plate last night. Can't imagine worse scenarios. 1st & 2nd w/ nobody out and he grounds into DP. Bruce & Byrd bailed him out w/ 2 out hits.

Runner on 3rd w/ 1 out & he strikes out looking. Ridiculous. His average in that situation has been discussed before. NOT CLUTCH.

What are all the Bruce haters gonna say when Bruce ends up with a better average, more RBI, and a better OBP than Frazier? He's getting close...

That is the problem though, that means Bruce would actually have to stay consistent. We have seen this many times with Bruce, when he all of a sudden goes on amazing hot streaks and looks like the hitter we all know he can be. However then after the hot streak is over, he goes back to the hitter that is barely hitting .200. So if Bruce does end up passing Frazier, that means Bruce may have finally figured out to stay consistent and not just that one hot month a year he usually does that gets our hopes up about him. Frazier will get it going again IMO, so I sure do hope Bruce keeps it going too!

That is the problem though, that means Bruce would actually have to stay consistent. We have seen this many times with Bruce, when he all of a sudden goes on amazing hot streaks and looks like the hitter we all know he can be. However then after the hot streak is over, he goes back to the hitter that is barely hitting .200. So if Bruce does end up passing Frazier, that means Bruce may have finally figured out to stay consistent and not just that one hot month a year he usually does that gets our hopes up about him. Frazier will get it going again IMO, so I sure do hope Bruce keeps it going too!

Every season Bruce ends up hitting .250 with 30 HRs and ~90 RBI. Not sure he can be any more consistent...:idunno:

Every season Bruce ends up hitting .250 with 30 HRs and ~90 RBI. Not sure he can be any more consistent...:idunno:

True. I guess I should have said more consistent for the whole year. The dang hot streaks he goes on at least once a year for almost a month straight is always so unbelievable that it gets his numbers way back up. However the problem is sometimes it takes him so long, the Reds are out of contention by the time he gets it going. I am one who is glad they didn't trade him because he is one of my favorite players. I think we all just wish his consistency could reach his potential that he shows during these hot streaks.