Black lives matter only when killed by non-blacks

littleluck55

Of course. Are there black people killing black people and getting away with it? Nope. The police are doing a good job of catching the murderers and putting them in jail. Tip of the cap to the police who are protecting and serving. Feel free to go look at how many blacks are in jail for violent crimes. That should answer the whole "black lives matter" issue. Black lives do matter. That's why it kills me when people say stupid stuff like "nobody is doing anything about blacks killing each other." The fact is.....check the stats. People who commit murder get caught and pay the consequence. What? You all thought blacks were killing blacks and getting away with it and going home for dinner? :lol2:

This is why I hate discussing race relations with people these days. Y'all are so lost and stuck into your own mindset. I'm done with y'all. Y'all get on my damn nerves.

Not in Chicago PP92. According to this article, CPD only has a 37% solved rate for the last 2 years. Not exactly stellar.

Chicago Police Homicide Clearance Rates ? Chicago Justice Project

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course all lives should matter, but the impetus behind "black lives matter" is the perception that the public seems to find black lives expendable, i.e. unequal.

What Stephen A said is a perfectly valid point, but I think the frustration it breeds is because of the reaction in this thread. I would say 90% of the posters who've come in to say "amen" are very conservative and typically downplay racial inequality as a boogeyman or just playing the "race card" and can now say "see, there's no issue except black people are hypocrites. A black guy said it, not me."

Of course all lives should matter, but the impetus behind "black lives matter" is the perception that the public seems to find black lives expendable, i.e. unequal.

What Stephen A said is a perfectly valid point, but I think the frustration it breeds is because of the reaction in this thread. I would say 90% of the posters who've come in to say "amen" are very conservative and typically downplay racial inequality as a boogeyman or just playing the "race card" and can now say "see, there's no issue except black people are hypocrites. A black guy said it, not me."

edit

Nope, not at all what I was getting at and willing to bet most the people in this thread weren't either. I know, its just so easy to try to paint conservatives into a corner when they disagree with bigotry that plays their way, some would just as soon pretend it's them being the bigot because by God, you can't be black and be a bigot.

Of course. Are there black people killing black people and getting away with it? Nope. The police are doing a good job of catching the murderers and putting them in jail. Tip of the cap to the police who are protecting and serving. Feel free to go look at how many blacks are in jail for violent crimes. That should answer the whole "black lives matter" issue. Black lives do matter. That's why it kills me when people say stupid stuff like "nobody is doing anything about blacks killing each other." The fact is.....check the stats. People who commit murder get caught and pay the consequence. What? You all thought blacks were killing blacks and getting away with it and going home for dinner? :lol2:

This is why I hate discussing race relations with people these days. Y'all are so lost and stuck into your own mindset. I'm done with y'all. Y'all get on my damn nerves.

I agree with you to an extent, but there are still people that are yelling Black Lives Matter but will promote and support gang activity and black on black crime. Those people can't have it both ways.

I think you're missing Stephen A's point. What are we, as a people, doing to prevent the black on black violence? It isn't about whether the black people that murder other black people are being caught and punished for it--and not enough are caught for that matter. It's what is being done to change the culture where dozens are shot every weekend in Chicago? A lot of the loudest voices in the "black lives matter" group seem to not have a lot to say or attempt to do a lot to prevent the black on black crime. I think that is his point and he's spot on about it. What have you done to help it? I know I haven't done a damn thing and that bothers me. I'd like to say it's because I haven't been able to find a way to help but the truth is I haven't looked outside of donating some money to a couple of causes. I have the feeling that the huge majority of both blacks and whites are the exact same way. Instead we post a bunch of nonsense on social media and think that will affect some kind of change.

I think you know that I've been a very vocal critic of a lot of police actions and tactics but the problem runs deeper than that. As a society we've got to figure out where we are failing in regards to both black on black crime and how blacks are treated by our criminal justice system. If we don't fix both we're not going to get anywhere.

I would argue that based on the amount of black on black crime that a sizable percentage of the black community find black lives expendable.

I asked a simple question. If you want to take your ball and go home, I'd stop threatening to do it and do it.

I get the feeling you don't want to have a debate or conversation. You want everyone to agree with you on everything and if we don't or even if we ask one question, we're "lost and stuck" in our own mindset.

I'll continue to do what I want to with my ball. Just like the rest of you.

I am lost with this post, PP92. Seems like you are talking about something totally different from what Stephen A. was talking about. Am I missing something?

Stephen A has become the new emperor of black people because white people liked what he said. He has effectively silenced and muted any black perspective different than his. He will be anointed as the guy who should be representing black people. Watch how blacks with differing perspectives will no longer be heard or given any validity to their perspectives.

There are blacks killing blacks and getting away with it every single day!!! Don't know what utopia world you are living in to think every single homicide is solved and arrests are made everytime.

Although I had a feeling you would disagree with Stephen A simy because he went against a certain agenda.

If you are truly leaving because you can't handle the truth, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

I hope you have a splendid weekend. It is so good to hear from you again. :thumb:

I agree with you to an extent, but there are still people that are yelling Black Lives Matter but will promote and support gang activity and black on black crime. Those people can't have it both ways.

There are also plenty of people who yelling black lives matter trying to stop all forms of violence against blacks including black on black crime but no one cares about them. Now their movement has no credibility because of Stephen A.

I think you're missing Stephen A's point. What are we, as a people, doing to prevent the black on black violence? It isn't about whether the black people that murder other black people are being caught and punished for it--and not enough are caught for that matter. It's what is being done to change the culture where dozens are shot every weekend in Chicago? A lot of the loudest voices in the "black lives matter" group seem to not have a lot to say or attempt to do a lot to prevent the black on black crime. I think that is his point and he's spot on about it. What have you done to help it? I know I haven't done a damn thing and that bothers me. I'd like to say it's because I haven't been able to find a way to help but the truth is I haven't looked outside of donating some money to a couple of causes. I have the feeling that the huge majority of both blacks and whites are the exact same way. Instead we post a bunch of nonsense on social media and think that will affect some kind of change.

I think you know that I've been a very vocal critic of a lot of police actions and tactics but the problem runs deeper than that. As a society we've got to figure out where we are failing in regards to both black on black crime and how blacks are treated by our criminal justice system. If we don't fix both we're not going to get anywhere.

I've raised young black men to respect people of all races. I've raised them to be respectful of authority. I've raised them to become productive law abiding citizens in our country. I've raised them the best way I know how and I pray they are never a victim to senseless violence.

Couldn't disagree more.

Black lives are no more expendable than any other life.

Racial inequality is a very real problem. Not as bad today as in 1964 but still a problem. I don't think anyone is trying to say it isn't. Stephen A. is pointing out a very real problem and asking why the black community is not seeing it for the huge problem it is.

This is why I hate discussing race relations with people these days. Y'all are so lost and stuck into your own mindset.

I would say you suffer from the same thing you accuse others of my friend.

You want others to see things from your perspective without affording them the same courtesy.