July 23, 201511 yr Stephen A Smith went on a rant about black lives matter. He makes some very good points. "On his Sirius-XM Mad Dog Sports Radio show Tuesday, ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith defended Democratic presidential candidate and former Gov. Martin O’Malley (D-MD) for saying “all lives matter” after he was booed by a crowd for his comments. Smith acknowledged that black lives do matter and he understands why that saying has been so prevalent with the publicity of recent deaths of African-Americans, but he also explained that all lives matter and he scolded “an abundance of African-Americans” for forcing a white O’Malley to apologize for his comments. “I have to say this, I guess rhetorically. to my brothers and sisters, because I am a black man. Where’s the noise about black lives matter when black folks are killing black folks? That’s where you lose me. So a presidential candidate, who isn’t black, happens to stand up and says, ‘all lives matter.’ Hillary Clinton who may probably get the democratic nomination, says ‘all lives matter’ and she has to come back and retract. So we mandate that they say, ‘black lives matter,’ but we’ve got black folks dying at the hands of black folks in this country, and we’re not hearing that. At least, we hadn’t been hearing that. Don’t get me started on the murders in Chicago.” He continued his rant, saying, “Black folks are killing black folks everyday, and we never heard ‘black lives matter.’ So, what are we saying? That black lives matter only when we’re killed by somebody who’s not black?” ESPN's Stephen A Smith Defends O'Malley: 'Black Lives Matter Only When We're Killed by Somebody Who's Not Black?' - Breitbart
July 23, 201511 yr I'm no fan of his but imagine the names he'll now be called. And he hit the nail on the head with this one.
July 23, 201511 yr I'm no fan of his but imagine the names he'll now be called. And he hit the nail on the head with this one. The thread says it was on his Mad Dog Radio show. Is that affiliated with ESPN? And I wonder if he will say the same on ESPN.
July 23, 201511 yr From this old link it looks like the show is under the ESPN umbrella: Sirius Paying ESPN ?Licensing Fee? for Stephen A. Smith?s Show on Mad Dog Radio | The Big Lead
July 24, 201511 yr He is right and why is this the case? Could it be that their leadership has set that tone?
July 24, 201511 yr Are you sure there are not 2 Stephen A Smith's? He sure has done a 180 recently. Why do you say that?
July 24, 201511 yr Why do you say that? I usually disagree with about everything he says. Seems like last few times he has made a bold comment I have agreed with him.
July 24, 201511 yr Stephen A is an idiot and has proven that once again. I bet he and Walter Williams smoke joints together. Idiots surround us. Of all colors. Take cover.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.