Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

You are correct. If he gets out of the car and cooperates the policeman would have gunned him down. Happens all the time.

 

You're right. People die every day from not producing a drivers license. Happens all the time.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you guys are saying the suspect starting the car, should not have put the officer on notice that a dangerous situation was possible?

 

Yeah it possibly can but police officers aren't supposed to shoot someone in the head because they are fleeing. They are supposed to pursue the suspect. That's not what Officer Tensing did. He shot a man in the head.

If your shooting a tire out and shoot someone down the street you probably shouldn't be a cop.

Seriously? Have you ever taken any physics classes? You are wanting an officer to shoot at a moving target as well as a target made of metal and refuse to account for any ricochet of any bullet. Yet you want the officer to shoot the tires out of a car moving downhill with pedestrians walking down the sidewalk and expect every round to hit the rubber tire on the fly with no ricochet at all and the slugs all

remain embedded in the tire themselves so they will all be safe from going elsewhere, and on top of that you want the officer to shoot multiple tires out. Yet if any round dares to go anywhere else

but into the tire and stay, well

he shouldn't be a cop in the first place.

 

 

Let let me ask you one question. Where in the world do I buy those magic bullets and whee in the world is that magical police academy that teaches cops how to shoot tires out?

So you guys are saying the suspect starting the car, should not have put the officer on notice that a dangerous situation was possible?

 

That is not a reason to draw your weapon and shoot. There is nothing that happened in the incident that should have caused the officer to draw his weapon.

I sit here and watch the video and all I think about is what happened when the girl got shot in Boone County.

Here is something no one really talked about. Tonight in ch5 news

the video

shows clearer in slow motion that the victim was shot before the vehicle accelerated and as the victim slumped over dead the car accelerated. That is when the officer with his arm still inside the car got "pulled" down the street a little and from the position of the other officer down the street sure looked to him that tensing was dragged, the problem for the other officer is he didn't know that Dubose was dead already and anyone there may have thought Tensing was being dragged.

The car did end up on the sidewalk, yes. But that was more than likely because the driver was dead since he was shot in the head.

 

The liquor bottle was sealed. Not opened. I have sealed liquor bottles in my car every now and then when I go to the store. Should I be shot because of it? I don't think so.

 

 

 

In this country, you can't shoot a fleeing felon just because they are fleeing.

 

Not true, there is actually a fleeing felony law. Most recently used when they killed one of the escaped NY killers by shooting him in the back twice even though he was unarmed.

 

Doesn't apply in this situation but thought I would point it out.

How is starting the car dangerous to the officer when the officer is on the side of the car?

 

I suppose in gereral it wouldn't be. I'm not a police officer, but if I was and someone I was questioning's car was turned off, then they start it as I'm standing next to it asking questions they don't want to answer, it could be alarming. I certainly wouldn't pull a gun and shoot them, but it would definitely grab my attention. At that point they would have a weapon in my mind.

I sit here and watch the video and all I think about is what happened when the girl got shot in Boone County.

 

Not even close to the same situation.

Who was in danger?

 

Anyone that's in the way of the guy trying to run from the police? You, your kids, your wife, any of us?

Shooting a fleeing driver for a misdemeanor is not acceptable.

 

How would the police officer have known it may just be a misdemeanor? There was a man shot dead locally by a female. Turns out, he had several axes, handcuffs, etc in his car. It appears he may have been a serial killer. Unfortunately she shot him in the head and didn't have time to ask more questions first as she feared for her life. I guess she should be charged with murder too.

Not true, there is actually a fleeing felony law. Most recently used when they killed one of the escaped NY killers by shooting him in the back twice even though he was unarmed.

 

Doesn't apply in this situation but thought I would point it out.

 

Not all states have fleeing felon laws. Are you sure about Ohio?

 

Not all states have fleeing felon laws. Are you sure about Ohio?

 

Tennessee v Garner takes care of that right?

If your shooting a tire out and shoot someone down the street you probably shouldn't be a cop.

 

You definitely shouldn't be a cop...

After reading some of the comments here after the video was released all I have to say is "WOW! Are some of you serious?".

 

First, the cop was WRONG! He was wrong on so many things. As Deters mentioned, the guy never should have been a cop, and he just didn't fool UC, he was also a cop in Green Hills before he went to UC.

 

As Frank mentioned, the cop didn't care about the front plate, if he did he would have taken it and looked at it when the guy offered to show it to him.

 

Many years ago I was pulled over and thought I had my license but I did not, the officer ran my name and came back and sent me on my way. I was calm, this guy was calm, that has A LOT to do with what happens during a stop.

 

It doesn't matter how may times the cop asked him for his license, as Guru said after a few times the cop should have moved on to the next phase as well as an exit strategy. You don't have to listen to others in the know such as Rocket, HB20, myself and others, just read and take in what Guru has been posting. Take his word on the stop.

 

I think it was channel 9, last week they had a video of this officer on a stop from about a month ago, I couldn't view it but I was told that the cop had an attitude.

 

Deters is a good man, and he is very good at his job. I don't always agree with him, but in this case he is 100% correct! It's silly to think that Deters of all people is looking to make a name for himself. You would be correct if you were talking about Eric Deters, but dead wrong on thinking that about Joe Deters of Hamilton Co.. Now what I disagree with Deters on is his words about the UC PD, they have a lot of very good cops! But just like any other line of work, you have people who shouldn't have the job they are in. Saying Deters is smug? Well I sure hope the any attorney, including the Co prosecutor is like Deters and not like the fairy godmother.

 

When it's all said and done, this cop will be found guilty of murder. And he will spend at least several years in prison. He needs to start praying that they isolate him, as a cop in the prison population won't last long.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.