Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

If you listen to him it sounds like a cold blooded murder. I don't think for 1 second that the officer had intentions of killing anyone. He made a very poor decision, a decision that he should have never been forced to make.

 

What could his intentions have been when he put a gun to someones head?

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
No question that he shouldn't have shot him, no question. I just don't think it's a clear cut as the prosecutor is alleging. Looks like the guy is trying to make a big name for himself.

 

Once again as I have stated in other threads like this one. Respect the law and those sworn to enforce it and these situations can be avoided.

As prosecutor it is Deters job to paint a bad portrait of the cop after he had him indicted.

Cop will soon become hero, victim and show many reasons why his life was in danger. That is as soon as his defense lawyers speak. Police have been rather quiet defending him Obviously it looks bad on film, but I wonder if they have been quiet to help keep peace in the city?

What could his intentions have been when he put a gun to someones head?

 

He didn't intended to shoot someone when he pulled them over. The rest was a split second, panic induced, very poor decision. It was not a methodical murder.

  • Author

 

If a policeman, even a dumb policeman, asks you to get out of the vehicle then you should get out of the vehicle. How hard is this to understand? You cannot win by disobeying their demands no matter how wrong they are or right you are.

 

Told this again to both of my boys today. Do what they say, use no sir and yes sir. Show respect. My oldest could not believe how quick it escalated. I told him that's why you do what they say. May even get out of the ticket.

Fact of the matter, this guy does not get killed if he did what was asked of him. Not saying cop was justified, but have a pretty good feeling this cop would have just randomly shot him.

He didn't intended to shoot someone when he pulled them over. The rest was a split second, panic induced, very poor decision. It was not a methodical murder.

 

People are convicted of murder every day who they say they didn't intend on killing the person that they did.

How is starting the car dangerous to the officer when the officer is on the side of the car?

 

If a car is started, it can go in motion correct. A car in motion could be used as weapon correct?

 

Not dangerous?

People are convicted of murder every day who they say they didn't intend on killing the person that they did.

 

So answer me this, if the guy just gets out of the car do you think he would have been shot? I'm not saying the officer was right or completely innocent but I don't believe his intentions was to kill someone before his shift ended.

 

Obey the law and respect the police. Live to see another day so you can drive around without your license and with you license plate in the glove box. I know that's were most people keep them.

If a car is started, it can go in motion correct. A car in motion could be used as weapon correct?

 

Not dangerous?

 

Who was in danger?

So answer me this, if the guy just gets out of the car do you think he would have been shot? I'm not saying the officer was right or completely innocent but I don't believe his intentions was to kill someone before his shift ended.

 

Obey the law and respect the police. Live to see another day so you can drive around without your license and with you license plate in the glove box. I know that's were most people keep them.

 

The "obey the law" is irrelevant.

 

No one thinks the officer thought that he was going to kill someone before his shift ended.

 

It gets down to "intentional killing." I am certainly not smart enough to tell you how Ohio law interprets that.

Who was in danger?

 

The officer, the guy that was walking down the sidewalk before the shot was fired, the public in general.

So answer me this, if the guy just gets out of the car do you think he would have been shot? I'm not saying the officer was right or completely innocent but I don't believe his intentions was to kill someone before his shift ended.

 

Obey the law and respect the police. Live to see another day so you can drive around without your license and with you license plate in the glove box. I know that's were most people keep them.

 

With the way the events went, I say anything could have happened if he had gotten out of the car. That officer clearly wasn't fit to be in law enforcement.

The officer, the guy that was walking down the sidewalk before the shot was fired, the public in general.

 

No way. The officer was not in danger. he can't be in danger when the car is not going to hit him. The guy on the sidewalk is not in danger when the car is on the street.

 

You're stretching.

Comply or die is not, or should not be a policing method when we are talking traffic infractions. Non-violent offenders should not have to fear for there life.

The "obey the law" is irrelevant.

 

No one thinks the officer thought that he was going to kill someone before his shift ended.

 

It gets down to "intentional killing." I am certainly not smart enough to tell you how Ohio law interprets that.

 

Clyde, it looks bad I get that. If the cop panicked then he panicked I don't think that constitutes murder.

 

I think obey the law is always relevant as is respecting the policemen and women who are swore to enforce the laws.

 

I hate it that the guy is dead I really do but I also feel for the policeman who didn't asked to be put in that situation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.