Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

Yup. I was a bit surprised, but mostly impressed, with how aggressive Deters was during the press conference.

 

Though I agree with what he was saying, I'm not big on the smugness of the way he went about it. I need to hear something from the officer

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was asked several times very specifically for his license and avoided the question. Obviously doesn't warrant getting shot in the head, but I certainly got the vibe that he was driving on a suspended license too. Again, it does not justify the officer's actions AT ALL.

 

He said he didn't have it on him to run his name.

The officer had no reason to shoot.

I do not believe he had a license. I thought one of the 75 priors was a suspended license? The cop actually says something like, "come clean, is it suspended?"

As to the bolded part. You tell him you don't have it when he asks you the first time! Why? Ask Mr. Dubose.

 

What would the arrest for driving on suspended license have done to him in terms of his probation. With that many priors you would think some decent jail time right? Plus with alcohol in the car?

The officer had no reason to shoot.

 

or even pull. But I have got to hear from the officer, could the door have caused it to discharge? Did he think the guy was going to pull? Again, nothing justifies what happened, but everything from Mr. Dubose to the Officer was so calm to where that all ended up.

or even pull. But I have got to hear from the officer, could the door have caused it to discharge? Did he think the guy was going to pull? Again, nothing justifies what happened, but everything from Mr. Dubose to the Officer was so calm to where that all ended up.

 

His police report tells an entirely different story than the video. There's not much he can say to justify that. He wasn't dragged; he wasn't assaulted.

Not that it matters, because it doesn't justify shooting him, but it looked to me like he was stalling because he knew he didn't have his license on him.

 

Again...that is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

 

Agreed on both accounts -- that he (likely) didn't have a license & that it is irrelevant.

His sister stated in the news conference that as you can tell by his record, he didn't mind being arrested (not that he liked it) but he never argued and never resisted one time.

Another situation where the police could have shot the tires out instead of killing someone.

Another situation where the police could have shot the tires out instead of killing someone.

 

That's a dumb idea. Shooting the tires out wasn't an option either. I'd say that is very rarely a good idea.

He was asked several times very specifically for his license and avoided the question. Obviously doesn't warrant getting shot in the head, but I certainly got the vibe that he was driving on a suspended license too. Again, it does not justify the officer's actions AT ALL.

 

I don't think that the man avoided the question 100%. He also told the officer to run his name and see, which the officer should have done.

His sister stated in the news conference that as you can tell by his record, he didn't mind being arrested (not that he liked it) but he never argued and never resisted one time.

 

Couldn't help but chuckle when I read that. An unusual, but logical, explanation.

  • Author
His sister stated in the news conference that as you can tell by his record, he didn't mind being arrested (not that he liked it) but he never argued and never resisted one time.

Guy seemed a little out of it. Did they do a toxicology report on him?

That's a dumb idea. Shooting the tires out wasn't an option either. I'd say that is very rarely a good idea.

 

You can't get very far or go fast with flats.

That's a dumb idea. Shooting the tires out wasn't an option either. I'd say that is very rarely a good idea.

 

Tell that to Hollywood.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.