Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

City departments are bracing for the weekend already. Stay out of dodge partners.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chief of Police did a radio interview an hour or so ago. Was asked if he seen the video, he answered yes. Was asked if it was bad and if it's something the National news is going to show over and over, he answered yes to both questions. The video will be released by Thurs at the latest. He also stated they will give the people of Cincinnati room to protest peacefully and voice their opinions but will not tolerate any vandalism or harm to property or other people.

 

Famous last words.:no:

  • Author

Will they allow them to march onto the highway like they did last time? Hope they have a backbone this time.

Sounds like things in Cincinnati are about to get ugly.

 

Everybody up there please stay safe.

I for one will be staying close to home this weekend. Could not pay me enough to go to OTR or the Banks.

Hopefully if there are riots the police will eliminate those threats like they should.

Sad situation all around. Sad that this man had to die, and sad that people are bracing for the worst, even though that is what will happen.

 

Downtown will probably be as you get closer to the river, it will probably be fine. But anywhere near OTR or UC's campus will be ugly. Hopefully it gets out of these people system by the time school starts in August.

This is completely off subject but thought a poster on this thread may know the answer. Does anyone remember a club called Primetime(I think), went there several times with friends back in my running around days? Is it still around,what part of the city was it in?

Talked to a friend who is a probation officer tonight. They've been told that they are restricted from going in the field tomorrow as the field is going to released and the danger will be too high.

Talked to several people deeply rooted in the UC community today and they are bracing for the worst. As has been said, the video is not going to be good from everything I've heard and I'm glad I will be heading out of town for a week on Friday. Things are going to get ugly up around campus as soon as the video hits...

Talked to several people deeply rooted in the UC community today and they are bracing for the worst. As has been said' date=' the video is not going to be good from everything I've heard and I'm glad I will be heading out of town for a week on Friday. Things are going to get ugly up around campus as soon as the video hits...[/quote']

 

Sad on many different levels

Glad I'm off work the rest of the week. Terrible situation for all involved.

I'm glad I will be heading out of town for a week on Friday.

 

Come to Europe! I think I'm far enough away, but it still doesn't take away the sickness in your stomach of what is about to happen.

 

I have chatted with a few people back in Cincy that will be dealing with the stuff that will happen and as you and others have mentioned, it's not going to be good. That they are preparing for the worse, have plans in place for curfews in specific areas and citywide.

 

I don't like how the CPD chief is talking so much. Is he doing that on his own or are city leaders asking him to say what he has been saying in an attempt to quiet the coming storm? It won't work though, the protest will not remain peaceful. If Al heck breaks out I see the police actions being like back in 2001, As they should be, peaceful protests are fine, but cross that line and all bets are off and teargas and rubber billets should fly.

 

Once the grand jury's decision and video are released Deters will be seen as doing the correct thing by waiting.

 

A few questions will be did the officer lie about anything? Where did he start his pursuit? On campus like he said, or off campus? What was the exchange like? Calm or not calm? How close to the car was the officer when he was on the ground? What words were exchanged? Did the officer let a word or two come out of his mouth that will look very bad for him?

 

I was told that the heat of the moment made the officer think that he may get run over, but that he was mistaken. I was also told, as well as that I already knew it, that some groups will bring race into this and just go off the theme that a white cop killed and unarmed black man for no reason. Mistakes happen, people get upset and angry at others, just because two people are of two different races doesn't equate to racism.

 

Now, as far as the officer being thrown to the ground and thinking that he may get run over, remember the Suge Knight video? Could this officer have thought that him being on the ground but not near the tires, that the guy would have put it in reverse and run him over? Just because he may not have been under the tires doesn't mean he was out of danger.

This is completely off subject but thought a poster on this thread may know the answer. Does anyone remember a club called Primetime(I think), went there several times with friends back in my running around days? Is it still around,what part of the city was it in?

 

Primetime / Lighthouse Lmt., was at the top of Vine street at the corner of Calhoun. It's was torn down many years ago, as well as the McDonalds next to it. That whole block has been empty for years, it looks like they may start to build something there soon, but it has had that look for as many years that it's been vacant.

This is completely off subject but thought a poster on this thread may know the answer. Does anyone remember a club called Primetime(I think), went there several times with friends back in my running around days? Is it still around,what part of the city was it in?

 

I remember it on the corner of Vine. I used to go to the bar behind Blockbuster called Kooters.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.