Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

My advice is to stay out of Cincinnati it is going to be crazy over very soon.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only other witness is dead. Do you really think the cop will change his story?

Talked to some people about the video, it's not looking good.

My advice is to stay out of Cincinnati it is going to be crazy over very soon.

 

Maybe the only advice that you have given that has any validity! :thumb: I however do agree with your statement. Whew! That tasted like vinegar coming off my tongue.....:wacky:

Talked to some people about the video, it's not looking good.
.

 

Heard the same. Can you imagine having a Student this Fall on UC's campus? Frightening times in Cincinnati right now......

. Heard the same. Can you imagine having a Student this Fall on UC's campus? Frightening times in Cincinnati right now......

 

Very scary, I've barred my kids from the Reds this weekend.

  • Author
Talked to some people about the video, it's not looking good.

 

Mrs. TAC heard the same from the wife of a CPD officer.

Very scary, I've barred my kids from the Reds this weekend.

 

I would still bar my kids from the Reds game even if things were calm....:lol2: My Bengals season tickets came in the mail yesterday so all is forgotten and everything is much better for me right now. Not sure I will be using a Cab to ride home this year from the games. Not drinking and parking in a secured garage might be my best option right now with the tensions going on. I most definitely won't be doing to much tail gating this year!

My advice is to stay out of Cincinnati it is going to be crazy over very soon.

 

I really don't like feeling this way and call me paranoid, but I'm staying close to home and won't be planning any social activities in the Clifton or OTR area anytime soon.

 

What a drag it is to live with this sort of concern, and considering the recent national and local tensions, how on earth did this police officer allow himself to contribute to only furthering and worsening the issue? Hasn't there been enough scandal of late already? Just not a real cool way to get yourself known and to make the news.

  • Author
I really don't like feeling this way and call me paranoid, but I'm staying close to home and won't be planning any social activities in the Clifton or OTR area anytime soon.

 

What a drag it is to live with this sort of concern, and considering the recent national and local tensions, how on earth did this police officer allow himself to contribute to only furthering and worsening the issue? Hasn't there been enough scandal of late already? Just not a real cool way to get yourself known and to make the news.

 

I really don't think this was his intention. Split second decision was made, and it sounds like you are assuming he did something wrong and that his life was not in peril?

One could also say, what a shame it was that a man who had 75 prior arrests broke the law again and when stopped, he did something to the cop to provoke him causing his own death and ruining the cops life and creating tension for the rest of the city?

I really don't think this was his intention. Split second decision was made, and it sounds like you are assuming he did something wrong and that his life was not in peril?

One could also say, what a shame it was that a man who had 75 prior arrests broke the law again and when stopped, he did something to the cop to provoke him causing his own death and ruining the cops life and creating tension for the rest of the city?

 

If the information leaking out is accurate, I'd say the odds of the officer doing something wrong are extremely high.

I really don't think this was his intention. Split second decision was made, and it sounds like you are assuming he did something wrong and that his life was not in peril?

One could also say, what a shame it was that a man who had 75 prior arrests broke the law again and when stopped, he did something to the cop to provoke him causing his own death and ruining the cops life and creating tension for the rest of the city?

 

All good points and I can see it that way too.

 

Ultimately a really unfortunate ending for the man shot dead, as well as an unfortunate situation for the city. Never is a good time for any of this to have happened, but right now just seems to be the most terrible time possible.

If it gets nuts I think the city will be ok, but I don't think the UC campus will go without incident. I would hate to see the new stadium vandalized. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

I wonder if the deceased knew that the UC cop had (pending changes) the authority to stop him.

Chief of Police did a radio interview an hour or so ago. Was asked if he seen the video, he answered yes. Was asked if it was bad and if it's something the National news is going to show over and over, he answered yes to both questions. The video will be released by Thurs at the latest. He also stated they will give the people of Cincinnati room to protest peacefully and voice their opinions but will not tolerate any vandalism or harm to property or other people.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.