Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Have you seen the video?

 

What did you see?

 

I did and here is what I saw.

Officer pulls over a man. The man does not listen to the officer and does not follow his instructions. After several times asking for his license, the man instead hands cop a bottle of liquor. Man continues to not follow instructions and when officer asks that he undo his seat belt the man tries to close his door and drive away. Cop responds like a complete idiot and pulls his gun out. While in no immediate danger, carelessly shoots and kills a man. My son watched the video with me. He too could not believe the cop fired his gun that quickly and for no real reason. I than instructed my son that if he gets pulled over, he needs to listen and do what the cop asks him to do. I'm perfectly cool with this cop going to jail for life for murder. I'm not cool with another ignorant man not obeying the lawful command of a police officer which ended up costing him his own life. Senseless murder that could have been avoided. Cop was wrong! No doubt about it. Man made a very poor decision for doing what he did. I'm sure he did not think he would get shot by driving away, but he never counted on this cop doing what he did.

So what did you see?

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did and here is what I saw.

Officer pulls over a man. The man does not listen to the officer and does not follow his instructions. After several times asking for his license, the man instead hands cop a bottle of liquor. Man continues to not follow instructions and when officer asks that he undo his seat belt the man tries to close his door and drive away. Cop responds like a complete idiot and pulls his gun out. While in no immediate danger, carelessly shoots and kills a man. My son watched the video with me. He too could not believe the cop fired his gun that quickly and for no real reason. I than instructed my son that if he gets pulled over, he needs to listen and do what the cop asks him to do. I'm perfectly cool with this cop going to jail for life for murder. I'm not cool with another ignorant man not obeying the lawful command of a police officer which ended up costing him his own life. Senseless murder that could have been avoided. Cop was wrong! No doubt about it. Man made a very poor decision for doing what he did. I'm sure he did not think he would get shot by driving away, but he never counted on this cop doing what he did.

So what did you see?

 

Will the cop ever release a statement for doing what he did? It happened so fast, did he think he had a gun? Was the guy trying to shut his door and pull off or open his door into the cop to knock him down?

I did and here is what I saw.

Officer pulls over a man. The man does not listen to the officer and does not follow his instructions. After several times asking for his license, the man instead hands cop a bottle of liquor. Man continues to not follow instructions and when officer asks that he undo his seat belt the man tries to close his door and drive away. Cop responds like a complete idiot and pulls his gun out. While in no immediate danger, carelessly shoots and kills a man. My son watched the video with me. He too could not believe the cop fired his gun that quickly and for no real reason. I than instructed my son that if he gets pulled over, he needs to listen and do what the cop asks him to do. I'm perfectly cool with this cop going to jail for life for murder. I'm not cool with another ignorant man not obeying the lawful command of a police officer which ended up costing him his own life. Senseless murder that could have been avoided. Cop was wrong! No doubt about it. Man made a very poor decision for doing what he did. I'm sure he did not think he would get shot by driving away, but he never counted on this cop doing what he did.

So what did you see?

 

I don't think he was blatantly ignoring any commands. The officer asked for his license, and DuBose was looking for it, and finally said he didn't think he had the license on him. The officer asked about the bottle of liquor on the floor, DuBose didn't just offer it up. Tensing reached in the car, the car started rolling, Tensing pulled his gun and shot him in the head.

I did and here is what I saw.

Officer pulls over a man. The man does not listen to the officer and does not follow his instructions. After several times asking for his license, the man instead hands cop a bottle of liquor. Man continues to not follow instructions and when officer asks that he undo his seat belt the man tries to close his door and drive away. Cop responds like a complete idiot and pulls his gun out. While in no immediate danger, carelessly shoots and kills a man. My son watched the video with me. He too could not believe the cop fired his gun that quickly and for no real reason. I than instructed my son that if he gets pulled over, he needs to listen and do what the cop asks him to do. I'm perfectly cool with this cop going to jail for life for murder. I'm not cool with another ignorant man not obeying the lawful command of a police officer which ended up costing him his own life. Senseless murder that could have been avoided. Cop was wrong! No doubt about it. Man made a very poor decision for doing what he did. I'm sure he did not think he would get shot by driving away, but he never counted on this cop doing what he did.

So what did you see?

 

That pretty much sums it up for me, too.

I don't think he was blatantly ignoring any commands. The officer asked for his license, and DuBose was looking for it, and finally said he didn't think he had the license on him. The officer asked about the bottle of liquor on the floor, DuBose didn't just offer it up. Tensing reached in the car, the car started rolling, Tensing pulled his gun and shot him in the head.

 

He was asked several times very specifically for his license and avoided the question. Obviously doesn't warrant getting shot in the head, but I certainly got the vibe that he was driving on a suspended license too. Again, it does not justify the officer's actions AT ALL.

I suspect this next press conference will be to announce that the City of Cincinnati PD is taking over for the University Police.

  • Author
Will the cop ever release a statement for doing what he did? It happened so fast, did he think he had a gun? Was the guy trying to shut his door and pull off or open his door into the cop to knock him down?

I'm sure he will use those and many other defenses in his trial. I was shocked when the cop didn't seem to mind that the guy reached for the license plate in the glove box. Only told him not to bother when he reached for it the second time. Did not see anything that sparked the cop to whack out like he did that quickly.

  • Author
I don't think he was blatantly ignoring any commands. The officer asked for his license, and DuBose was looking for it, and finally said he didn't think he had the license on him. The officer asked about the bottle of liquor on the floor, DuBose didn't just offer it up. Tensing reached in the car, the car started rolling, Tensing pulled his gun and shot him in the head.

May want to watch the video again. Heard the officer ask him several times. Dubose would not answer him directly.

Deters said it best. There is never a reason to be shot on a traffic stop unless the suspect is violent toward the officer. The victim was not violent toward the officer at all in this case.

May want to watch the video again. Heard the officer ask him several times. Dubose would not answer him directly.

 

He was asked if he had a license on him. What was the command? I think it's obvious he was looking around for the license. Why tell him no until he knows he doesn't have it on him?

Deters said it best. There is never a reason to be shot on a traffic stop unless the suspect is violent toward the officer. The victim was not violent toward the officer at all in this case.

 

Yup. I was a bit surprised, but mostly impressed, with how aggressive Deters was during the press conference.

I'm sure he will use those and many other defenses in his trial. I was shocked when the cop didn't seem to mind that the guy reached for the license plate in the glove box. Only told him not to bother when he reached for it the second time. Did not see anything that sparked the cop to whack out like he did that quickly.

 

I was as well. I saw what you saw. Could the gun have discharged accidently? I just can't believe the way all that played out and the times we live in that an officer would shoot a guy black or white in the head just like that

He was asked if he had a license on him. What was the command? I think it's obvious he was looking around for the license. Why tell him no until he knows he doesn't have it on him?

 

Not that it matters, because it doesn't justify shooting him, but it looked to me like he was stalling because he knew he didn't have his license on him.

 

Again...that is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

  • Author
He was asked if he had a license on him. What was the command? I think it's obvious he was looking around for the license. Why tell him no until he knows he doesn't have it on him?

I do not believe he had a license. I thought one of the 75 priors was a suspended license? The cop actually says something like, "come clean, is it suspended?"

As to the bolded part. You tell him you don't have it when he asks you the first time! Why? Ask Mr. Dubose.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.