Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

Not all states have fleeing felon laws. Are you sure about Ohio?

 

I was just pointing out fleeing felon law in general, as he said in this country we are not allowed to shoot fleeing felons. But first article I got on Google (though from 2008) says Hamilton County DA Deters says its legal in Hamilton County. Again, doesn't apply in this case either way.

 

Hamilton County Ohio DA says OK to shoot fleeing felons

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No question that he shouldn't have shot him, no question. I just don't think it's a clear cut as the prosecutor is alleging. Looks like the guy is trying to make a big name for himself.

Once again as I have stated in other threads like this one. Respect the law and those sworn to enforce it and these situations can be avoided.

 

You certainly aren't familiar with Joe Deters!

I purpose a change in policy. When you are stopped the first thing you must do and the first thing the officer will ask is please turn off your car and put the keys on the roof so I can hold them until we are done here. Then there is no danger to the police of getting run over by the vehicle, and the person who bails is no threat unless he's armed. No "dragging" , no running over.

This thread is depressing. Even after 100% clear-cut video evidence, some people just simply can't accept that a police officer is a cold-blooded murderer.

I purpose a change in policy. When you are stopped the first thing you must do and the first thing the officer will ask is please turn off your car and put the keys on the roof so I can hold them until we are done here. Then there is no danger to the police of getting run over by the vehicle, and the person who bails is no threat unless he's armed. No "dragging" , no running over.

 

Big problem with that is keyless ignition. I can start my car even if the officer was holding them standing next to my car.

This thread is depressing. Even after 100% clear-cut video evidence, some people just simply can't accept that a police officer is a cold-blooded murderer.

 

It really is sad. There is no justification for what happened AT ALL, yet some are trying their hardest.

How would the police officer have known it may just be a misdemeanor? There was a man shot dead locally by a female. Turns out, he had several axes, handcuffs, etc in his car. It appears he may have been a serial killer. Unfortunately she shot him in the head and didn't have time to ask more questions first as she feared for her life. I guess she should be charged with murder too.

 

Are you talking about the woman who shot the man in the middle of his attempting to rape her? Are you talking about the woman who was battling w/ the rapist over his gun and it went off and shot him? That case. How does that possibly relate to what you just watched on the video? How did you possibly compare those two situations?

Big problem with that is keyless ignition. I can start my car even if the officer was holding them standing next to my car.

 

True. No policy will be perfect.

I suppose in gereral it wouldn't be. I'm not a police officer, but if I was and someone I was questioning's car was turned off, then they start it as I'm standing next to it asking questions they don't want to answer, it could be alarming. I certainly wouldn't pull a gun and shoot them, but it would definitely grab my attention. At that point they would have a weapon in my mind.
The officer should have never put his arm in the vehicle to begin with IMO and he certainly shouldn't have drawn his weapon and fired. He had his licence plate number already, all he had to do was call in that he was fleeing. Instead, the man is dead because of a traffic infraction and multiple mistakes by the officer. I'm certainly not a cop hater, in fact I strongly support them. In this case, the officer was clearly in the wrong and was correctly charged. We'll see if the charge gets lessened to manslaughter, but for now I have zero problems with what officer Tensing has been charged with.
  • Author
Nope, my guess is both sides will see what they want to see.

 

This thread is depressing. Even after 100% clear-cut video evidence, some people just simply can't accept that a police officer is a cold-blooded murderer.

 

It really is sad. There is no justification for what happened AT ALL, yet some are trying their hardest.

 

@TheDeuce What did I post in the 14th post of this thread?

  • Author
There was no "command" given. He was asking a question. There is a difference. If you want to say he didn't answer immediately, that's fine. He didn't disobey any commands regarding his license. Not to mention, the officer ignored him TWICE when he said to run his name. To me that's an indication he doesn't have his license on him.

 

I did hear 3 "commands" in the video. "Stop" was said 3 times right before he squeezed the trigger.

@TheDeuce What did I post in the 14th post of this thread?

 

What does that have to do with the statements you just quoted?

I did hear 3 "commands" in the video. "Stop" was said 3 times right before he squeezed the trigger.

 

So now you've switched from the license to him yelling stop after he reached in the car (which he shouldn't have done).

Big problem with that is keyless ignition. I can start my car even if the officer was holding them standing next to my car.

 

How close do the keys have to be? I don't have a keyless ignition but I have friends that do. Their keys are typically in the console so they are always close.

 

If the officer sits them on the trunk, will the keyless ignition still work?

 

And even if the officer holds the keys next to the car and you start it. Once you start driving away, will the car shut off once out of range of the keys?

How close do the keys have to be? I don't have a keyless ignition but I have friends that do. Their keys are typically in the console so they are always close.

 

If the officer sits them on the trunk, will the keyless ignition still work?

 

And even if the officer holds the keys next to the car and you start it. Once you start driving away, will the car shut off once out of range of the keys?

 

They have to be within a few feet.

 

With my car at least, if the car is on, it'll stay on until turned off, regardless of where the keys are.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.