July 30, 201511 yr And I'm willing to bet there are quite a few incidents a day where someone drives away from a cop during a stop and they aren't shot. My wife's black sheep cousin, drove off here in Ohio with a cop at his window, cop said he dragged him which he slightly did. He isn't dead he is down in Ashland. I had to pull every legal resource I had to get his 2 year sentence reduced to 10 months.
July 30, 201511 yr Probably several that say execute all minorities as quickly as possible. Figured that was an unwritten rule...
July 30, 201511 yr Author Cincinnati cop pleads not guilty to murder in traffic stop Tensing pleads not guilty. Not exactly a shocker alert!
July 30, 201511 yr Author What does that have to do with the statements you just quoted? UMMM, sort of says I predicted that once the video comes out, people will see what they want to see. Some think there is no way he can walk and some think no way a jury of 12 will convict him of murder. People will see what they want to see.
July 30, 201511 yr Author So now you've switched from the license to him yelling stop after he reached in the car (which he shouldn't have done). Nope! I'm just adding on to the fact that the officer requested the license 10 times and in addition did give verbal commands to stop. To which Dubose did not respond in a respectful manner and chose to ignore all of the requests and commands.
July 30, 201511 yr UMMM, sort of says I predicted that once the video comes out, people will see what they want to see. Some think there is no way he can walk and some think no way a jury of 12 will convict him of murder. People will see what they want to see. You asked what you said in Post #14 ... This is post 14: Some folks make it a point to make skin color matter. I've not heard the race of the officer who pulled the trigger on the perp. Again, what does that have to do with the comments you quoted?
July 30, 201511 yr Nope! I'm just adding on to the fact that the officer requested the license 10 times and in addition did give verbal commands to stop. To which Dubose did not respond in a respectful manner and chose to ignore all of the requests and commands. So now he was disrespectful? :lol2: You just keep reaching for more and more.
July 30, 201511 yr Author You asked what you said in Post #14 ... This is post 14: Again, what does that have to do with the comments you quoted? Crap! I meant my post # 7:banghead:
July 30, 201511 yr Crap! I meant my post # 7:banghead: Makes way more sense. :lol2: To comment on that, I think you were referring to people seeing what they wanted to see in the video, not in the possible outcomes of a trial.
July 30, 201511 yr Bond set at $1M. Two options: 1. 10% cash 2. Real estate worth $2M with $1M+ in equity.
July 30, 201511 yr My personal take is that DuBose obviously could have taken steps to avoid being shot and killed. However, a cop who chose to get in that profession deals with people everyday who act in a matter that DuBose did leading up to the shooting. The actions of DuBose were not something way out of the ordinary. My friend who is a cop has me shaking my head at stories he tells of how unbelievable people act when pulled over. I suspect like in many of these police incidents, is that at some point in the UC cop's mind he chose to not value the life of DeBose even when there was no danger to himself. He made a choice to dehumanize him. Standing at the side of the vehicle there was not any justified danger when DeBose started the vehicle and it was almost at that exact instant it appears he pulled his revolver and shot him point blank in the head. I do not know what contributed to his lack of valuing the life of DuBose, but it was not for fear of his own life. In that split second of when the car engine started he pulled his revolver and fired. Perhaps it is the daily grind of always dealing with people who potentially could harm you. I just am glad there was video because I am positive without the video the truth would never have been known and this becomes a justifiable law enforcement shooting which it clearly was not. Body cameras are the beginning of accountability and reforming community/police relations.
July 30, 201511 yr Just watched the video several times. A few thoughts. 1. The guy was definitely getting ready to take off. As soon as the officer starting trying to get him out he started the car and put it in gear. 2. The only reason I can think of for pulling the gun was to try and scare the guy into stopping. 3. I can't figure out what could have caused him to shot. Was it an accident? If so you would hope he would have just said that from the start. 4. I think the officer was either dragged or pushed up the road. However that was more of result of him reaching in the car about either grabbing the wheel or the guy or something else. It didn't look like he was on the car or hung up in the door or that the guy had a hold of him. Makes me wonder why he would go with that story as justification of shooting the guy. It looks like to me he made a split second decision and it was the wrong one. He screwed up big time. From what I can see I don't think there was any reason for him to pull his gun in the first place much less pull the trigger. Charges of some kind are probably warranted and that will be up to the courts. I will echo what Clyde said earlier, to call him a cold blooded murder is just stupid. To believe that you would have to believe he had the intentions of killing this man from the minute he saw him.
July 30, 201511 yr It is simple for me. If you put a gun to the head of an unarmed man that isn't a threat to your safety and pull the trigger, you are a murderer. The rest is just noise...
July 30, 201511 yr Just watched the video several times. A few thoughts. 1. The guy was definitely getting ready to take off. As soon as the officer starting trying to get him out he started the car and put it in gear. 2. The only reason I can think of for pulling the gun was to try and scare the guy into stopping. 3. I can't figure out what could have caused him to shot. Was it an accident? If so you would hope he would have just said that from the start. 4. I think the officer was either dragged or pushed up the road. However that was more of result of him reaching in the car about either grabbing the wheel or the guy or something else. It didn't look like he was on the car or hung up in the door or that the guy had a hold of him. Makes me wonder why he would go with that story as justification of shooting the guy. It looks like to me he made a split second decision and it was the wrong one. He screwed up big time. From what I can see I don't think there was any reason for him to pull his gun in the first place much less pull the trigger. Charges of some kind are probably warranted and that will be up to the courts. I will echo what Clyde said earlier, to call him a cold blooded murder is just stupid. To believe that you would have to believe he had the intentions of killing this man from the minute he saw him. The second he pulled his firearm and put it up to DuBose's head, he knew what the outcome was going to be. That, IMO, makes him a cold-blooded murderer.
July 30, 201511 yr It is simple for me. If you put a gun to the head of an unarmed man that isn't a threat to your safety and pull the trigger, you are a murderer. The rest is just noise... By definition I would agree. However, in NO way can I equate this officer to a gangbanger who kills. I can't equate him to the kid in Charleston. No way. There are degrees.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.