Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

The second he pulled his firearm and put it up to DuBose's head, he knew what the outcome was going to be. That, IMO, makes him a cold-blooded murderer.

1. He didn't put the gun to his head.

2. No he didn't know what the out come was going to be. He pulled his gun in a effort to get DuBose to stop (mistake #1 in IMO), started falling and either made a really bad decision to pull the trigger or accidentally pulled the trigger (mistake #2 ). Either way he will need to answer for it.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By definition I would agree.

 

However, in NO way can I equate this officer to a gangbanger who kills. I can't equate him to the kid in Charleston. No way.

 

There are degrees.

 

No there isn't Clyde, everyone is out to EXECUTE all minorities. The cop got out of bed that day and said "I'm gonna kill me a minority today as soon as I find one without a license plate he's mine"

 

Is there a video of the officer actually putting the gun up to the guy's head? I ask in sincerity because I haven't seen it.

No there isn't Clyde, everyone is out to EXECUTE all minorities. The cop got out of bed that day and said "I'm gonna kill me a minority today as soon as I find one without a license plate he's mine"

 

Is there a video of the officer actually putting the gun up to the guy's head? I ask in sincerity because I haven't seen it.

 

Depends on what your definition of "to the head" is. This was pretty darn close.

1. He didn't put the gun to his head.

2. No he didn't know what the out come was going to be. He pulled his gun in a effort to get DuBose to stop (mistake #1 in IMO), started falling and either made a really bad decision to pull the trigger or accidentally pulled the trigger (mistake #2 ). Either way he will need to answer for it.

 

1) My mistake. He pulled his gun and pointed it at DuBose's head.

2) He didn't fall until after he shot him in the head. It was maybe 2 seconds from when he puled the gun to when he fired. He didn't give any opportunity to stop before firing.

1) My mistake. He pulled his gun and pointed it at DuBose's head.

2) He didn't fall until after he shot him in the head. It was maybe 2 seconds from when he puled the gun to when he fired. He didn't give any opportunity to stop before firing.

 

IMO, and I just watched the video a few minutes ago, I think he was starting to fall when he shot. So either he thought he was going to be dragged or again he accidentally pulled the trigger. My guess is when DuBose started the car and began putting it in gear, the cop reached in for the wheel or DuBose but I think he grabbed something in the car. When DuBose hit the gas it knocked the cop off balance causing him to start falling, scared him and he pulled the trigger. When he pulls the trigger it's really hard to make anything in the video out and I think that's because he is starting to fall.

 

This does show me one thing if nothing else...body cams suck unless you are standing still.

By definition I would agree.

 

However, in NO way can I equate this officer to a gangbanger who kills. I can't equate him to the kid in Charleston. No way.

 

There are degrees.

 

If you murder someone, you are a murderer. Really only one degree when the body bag is needed...

IMO, and I just watched the video a few minutes ago, I think he was starting to fall when he shot. So either he thought he was going to be dragged or again he accidentally pulled the trigger. My guess is when DuBose started the car and began putting it in gear, the cop reached in for the wheel or DuBose but I think he grabbed something in the car. When DuBose hit the gas it knocked the cop off balance causing him to start falling, scared him and he pulled the trigger. When he pulls the trigger it's really hard to make anything in the video out and I think that's because he is starting to fall.

 

This does show me one thing if nothing else...body cams suck unless you are standing still.

 

The trigger was pulled before the car accelerated. I don't really think there's any debating that.

My prediction is the jury is going to struggle with a murder charge. My guess is it will be something less.

The trigger was pulled before the car accelerated. I don't really think there's any debating that.

No it wasn't. You can hear the engine rev up just before the shot. After the shot you can hear it really take off.

No there isn't Clyde, everyone is out to EXECUTE all minorities. The cop got out of bed that day and said "I'm gonna kill me a minority today as soon as I find one without a license plate he's mine"

 

Is there a video of the officer actually putting the gun up to the guy's head? I ask in sincerity because I haven't seen it.

 

The only video is the body cam that catches the encounter we all have seen. Is the barrel of the gun resting on the head? No, but the gun was pointed at the head perhaps 2 foot away. That is still point blank distance, so not sure what you are asking about the gun resting on the guy's head.

The trigger was pulled before the car accelerated. I don't really think there's any debating that.

 

No it wasn't. You can hear the engine rev up just before the shot. After the shot you can hear it really take off.

 

And another example of why video isn't always the "end all, be all" in the discussion.

No it wasn't. You can hear the engine rev up just before the shot. After the shot you can hear it really take off.

 

Just watched it again. Car doesn't begin to accelerate until after he pulled the trigger.

 

The car was rolling. That doesn't justify having a gun pointed at your head and certainly doesn't justify murder.

No it wasn't. You can hear the engine rev up just before the shot. After the shot you can hear it really take off.

 

What video are you watching? Can you link it?

  • Author
My prediction is the jury is going to struggle with a murder charge. My guess is it will be something less.

 

Does the jury decide the severity of charge and the sentence? The trail I sat through the jury was to decide the guilty or not guilty charge and were told they were to give the length of jail and or fine involved. Not sure if that's how a murder trail works.

Just watched it again. Car doesn't begin to accelerate until after he pulled the trigger.

 

The car was rolling. That doesn't justify having a gun pointed at your head and certainly doesn't justify murder.

I did and stand by what I said. You can clearly hear the car accelerate just before the shot.

 

And I guess I will repeated it just in case there is confusion of where I stand...the first mistake the officer made IMO based only on the video, was when he pulled his gun.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.