North vs. South reactions to tragic events

All Tell

Better comparison.

Difference: Shooting was caught on video so there was no question in the black community as to the shooting being warranted or not. Police officer immediately charged.

Not the case in Baltimore.

I would add, though, that life in Baltimore is nowhere near life in Charleston for black folk.

He wasn't immediately charged...wasn't charged until video came out later. No outrage or looting in between.

Better comparison.

Difference: Shooting was caught on video so there was no question in the black community as to the shooting being warranted or not. Police officer immediately charged.

Not the case in Baltimore.

I would add, though, that life in Baltimore is nowhere near life in Charleston for black folk.

Why try to stretch two very similar incidents into two that aren't alike? There seems to be a need to justify the rioting. Just MHO.

Why try to stretch two very similar incidents into two that aren't alike? There seems to be a need to justify the rioting. Just MHO.

Disagree completely. Justifying the rioting is this:

"They had every reason to riot and I don't blame them for rioting." I don't see how people keep confusing a mindset of people being explained to justifying rioting. There is a mindset of people who don't think the confederate flag is racist. Are they justifying the racism that the confederate flag symbolizes to some people?

As to your first question....this whole thread is based on two incidents that aren't anything alike. Address your question to the original post.

True, but I wouldn't compare it to Baltimore either. Southern culture is a little more laid back also.

How much would that have to do with centuries of racist practices that kept blacks "in their place" in the South? Maybe they're afraid the backlash might be Bull Connor-esque?

"They had every reason to riot and I don't blame them for rioting." I don't see how people keep confusing a mindset of people being explained to justifying rioting. There is a mindset of people who don't think the confederate flag is racist. Are they justifying the racism that the confederate flag symbolizes to some people?

As to your first question....this whole thread is based on two incidents that aren't anything alike. Address your question to the original post.

As to what is in bold, according to many posters in opposition to them, yes.

To the rest of your post, you are right, we disagree.

Explaining why rioters felt the need to riot IMO is the same as justifying. There is no reason to riot and loot. Period.

You seem to want to go back to the OP due to the fact I posted two incidents that are very similar and had two very different reactions from their communities.

Ok, All Tell post the answer!!!

We had this same discussion in my house last week.

We came up with this. The SC murders occurred to deeply religious family's.

Thus it was not in their beliefs to riot, retaliate or cause any civil unrest.

Comparing the Ferguson event to the SC event for me is just the opposite to what happened.

Had I been related to the people in SC I would be in the middle of the riots and mayhem.

Had I been related to the Ferguson people I would have stayed in my house.

How much would that have to do with centuries of racist practices that kept blacks "in their place" in the South? Maybe they're afraid the backlash might be Bull Connor-esque?

You have to remember that those nigras get a lot more uppity the closer they are to the Mason-Dixon line.

To the rest of your post, you are right, we disagree.

Explaining why rioters felt the need to riot IMO is the same as justifying. There is no reason to riot and loot. Period.

You seem to want to go back to the OP due to the fact I posted two incidents that are very similar and had two very different reactions from their communities.

Okay. Have a great 4th of July weekend!!!!!!

Ok, All Tell post the answer!!!

We had this same discussion in my house last week.

We came up with this. The SC murders occurred to deeply religious family's.

Thus it was not in their beliefs to riot, retaliate or cause any civil unrest.

Comparing the Ferguson event to the SC event for me is just the opposite to what happened.

Had I been related to the people in SC I would be in the middle of the riots and mayhem.

Had I been related to the Ferguson people I would have stayed in my house.

We got the answer. GOD. The people of Charleston found solace through prayer and their faith. Mandy pointed out that people of the south tend to be more faith based. I agree.

You guys beat me to the punch. The Charleston victim's families were not on TV encouraging distraction and rioting.

Plus, have you ever watched The Wire? Baltimore is a cease pool. In all seriousness Baltimore is an awful place.