Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Bulldog is not a lawyer.

 

Semantics.......

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree.

 

This is one of the few times you are justified in hitting someone and if the school system tries to punish the victim under any kind of blanket fighting policy I would definitely take legal action against the school if I were the parents.

 

I would have picked up a ball bat.

And you know this all the way from Independence?! You still think it's an insult to call us cake eaters.

 

Um it is an insult everyone knows pie is better.

I know who Brian Williams is. Cannon joined BGP yesterday and sat and sat and read thru all 391 post on here and came up with that one for their very first post. Awesome, just awesome! Welcome to BGP my friend!

 

It did take a while. The level of discourse on this forum is tough to match.

Bulldog is not a lawyer.

 

In Independence I think he still is. At least that's what I believe I heard my source speculate on.

In Independence I think he still is. At least that's what I believe I heard my source speculate on.

 

This thread is about Highlands not Independence! :D

Wasn't me. But everyone I have talked to have all said the same thing. They all think Highlands is sweeping this under the rug.

 

Due to confidentiality laws, it many times appears that way. The victim, accused violator or anyone can basically say anything, but the school cannot say anything and they won't. That certainly leads to the perception that nothing or little is being done and/or they are sweeping it under the rug.

 

I doubt very seriously that many, if any, would do that. Even teachers in the school will not know what comes down in the investigation with details. They will obviously know if they have the student in class if the student was suspended or in an alternative assignment. There will not be an staff meeting telling everyone what happened.

 

There are two sides to every story. The victim's parents will not find out from the school what the discipline was or shouldn't, however, the accused can say anything and sometimes I experienced they make light of a very serious consequence and just bold face lie or mislead what happened to them.

 

Only a few will ever really know what took place and it is probably best that way in the long run.

 

An example might be that two students were fighting and both received a 3 day suspension. Almost every time the parent of the other student asked me what did the other student get? fair and reasonable question that I can't answer. That usually lowered their level of trust. When I would tell them I followed the Code of Conduct with all involved. Then student A says they only received a 1 day suspension and things don't get better, although that was a lie.

 

It happens, you do your best and try and be as fair as the policy allows and move on.

 

That's what HHS will do here, I strongly believe. Believe me, the other stuff is clutter and probably most of it on this thread is, even if they say they know. the only really reliable source would be the administrator/AD/coach that set the punishment and the students and parents involved with only their kids part of the investigation and their consequence if there is one.

I was told by a parent that is was also pee that had been sitting in a bottle for several days...

I was told by a parent that is was also pee that had been sitting in a bottle for several days...

 

IF that is true that could get someone very sick.

I was told by a parent that is was also pee that had been sitting in a bottle for several days...

Adding to the premeditated, as there was plenty of time to rethink and discard.

 

Character. Flaw.

This is truly sickening. Anyone on here that says this happens everywhere, have never coached high school sports. All teams have their issues and coaches must deal with them. If the coach did everything in his power to educate his young men about appropriate behavior and decorum and still the bad apples corrupted those values then he should not be vilified. However those responsible should be dealt with accordingly. Some people on this thread have shown their true nature and I can't believe it. This might be the most depressing thread I've read on this site It's easy to believe that things like this happen in a community when certain people justify actions based upon a uniform.

 

Blech...

How bad will this truly get? My word..

If you ever had a kid bullied, you would know the pain this causes. What a humiliating degrading thing to do to anyone, much less a team mate. Unfortunately, this happens everywhere. I will never understand it, but I think it should be harshly punished. Sad thing is, the victim will likely suffer more no matter what happens to the offenders.

I have already gotten a couple messages from friends stating this is being overblown in their opinion and one feels a suspension not dismissal is fair. I disagree with them but just giving u a couple more perspectives.

I have already gotten a couple messages from friends stating this is being overblown in their opinion and one feels a suspension not dismissal is fair. I disagree with them but just giving u a couple more perspectives.

 

So there wasn't urine sprayed on the player?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.