Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Rip the administration and Coaches all you want because they are the decision makers and leaders of the kids and the appointed adults. Attacking the kids is off limits imo but then again all I can say is God help all the perfect mommies and daddies out there raising such wonderful perfect children... A big atta boy for all of ya and I pray that you are never disappointed in your life because of something stupid your kid did that embarrassed you, your family and your school...also a great big thanks for all the perfect parental advice to the parents of the kids involved...you people make me sick :thumb:

 

Just because someone is critical of unacceptable behavior by others does not indicate they believe their children are perfect.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just think the bullying term is used very loosely anymore. IMO bullying implies more than one incident against a person.

 

Tell that to the kid who got pee thrown on him and now others in that school will poke fun of him for probably the rest of this school year.

Just because someone is critical of unacceptable behavior by others does not indicate they believe their children are perfect.

 

I am with 4Runner here. The blame is totally on the kids and the coaches. These aren't 12 year old kids. They are 15-18 years old and know what is right and wrong. Getting in a fight is kids being kids, throwing pee on another player is just down right disrespectful and the PARENTS should be held accountable. My children were not perfect, but they damn well knew you don't take a leak or crap on someone, that is a good way to get your buttbeat!

Edited by mcpapa

Pretty sure this didn't happen in a locker room. I think it happen at a hotel.

 

Wrong!

Not being rude here but Simon Kenton, very recently, had threats of huge racial fights to the point that the news covered it.

 

Nobody got pee thrown on them. :D

Wrong!

 

If wrong then what happen?

All i know is the victim is more than welcome to come to the school in Independence you will be treated good and respected.

 

You didn't?

 

Lol! Good luck my friend!

 

Right out of the gate. lol!

I'm really having a hard time understanding how some don't see this as a big deal.

I guess I played at some bad places because I definately did not think this was terribly uncommon as some of you think. I saw it happen in the shower many of times in high school and in college. I saw someone pee in a beer and tried to get someone to drink it. I saw someone take a tshirt out of locker and wipe their butt with it and put it back to watch the guy put in on the next day. And for the non sporty types, I know a guy who took his wife's toothbrush, scrubbed the toilet, put it back for her to use and videotaped the whole thing. There are a lot of dumb things that happen in young people's lives. i guess the difference all the victims I saw laughed it off and usually got the guy back the next day.

 

And because it was laughed off and retaliated the next day doesn't make it right. That is where the whole problem lies imo. This time turned out differently and hopefully will be handled differently.

Not being rude here but Simon Kenton, very recently, had threats of huge racial fights to the point that the news covered it.

 

Not only that but I know personally of a girl who was bullied constantly at SK during her time there. Like I keep saying, Highlands does not hold the patent on all bad things. People in glass houses and all that...

I'm really having a hard time understanding how some don't see this as a big deal.

 

THIS

I have been involved with athletics at all levels since 1975. I have never heard of anything like that.

 

That's just disgusting and gross.

 

Exact same scenario regarding the rinsing of the hair happened in 1980 in my lockerroom.
Happened in the Morehead State Univ baseball lockerroom when I was there.
I am with 4Runner here. The blame is totally on the kids and the coaches. These aren't 12 year old kids. They are 15-18 years old and know what is right and wrong. Getting in a fight is kids being kids, throwing pee on another player is just down right disrespectful and the PARENTS should be held accountable. My children were not perfect, but they damn well knew you don't take a leak or crap on someone, that is a good way to get your butt beat!

 

Or not.

I'm really having a hard time understanding how some don't see this as a big deal.

 

A. Boys will be boys (the female hazing/bullying/degradation equivalent - I shudder to think).

 

2. Typical locker room activity. Happens all the time. If this happens to you, you turn the other cheek and don't say anything about it. PROTECT THIS HOUSE! Problem with that mindset is that it is cowardly and the perpetrators have no incentive to change their behavior.

 

D. In all seriousness - like everyone else, I would like to have all the facts before ultimately passing judgment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.