Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Define a first time offense please.
First offense in the most basic form of first offense. No documented or known trouble caused. If there has been trouble with any of the offenders before then no one can say it was the first time any of the offenders have been in any trouble. Multiple instances of trouble is a behavioral pattern.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it that I have a feeling the the ones protesting the "over reactions" here were the ones that were the instigators while in high school?

 

As a person that was on the other end of it I haven't seen over reactions.

How so? Because they would like whoever did this to be held responsible? While some posters may be very passionate, they all seem to want the same thing.

I think everyone wants the offenders to be held responsible. The punishment is where all of the disagreement seems to be coming from and that is status quo. Everyone will always have varying degrees of punishment in situations such as these.

Why is it that I have a feeling the the ones protesting the "over reactions" here were the ones that were the instigators while in high school?

 

As a person that was on the other end of it I haven't seen over reactions.

 

:thumb: I've kinda felt the same way. Those saying it's being overblown were probably the ones doing the bullying when they were that age.

Why is it that I have a feeling the the ones protesting the "over reactions" here were the ones that were the instigators while in high school?

 

As a person that was on the other end of it I haven't seen over reactions.

 

:thumb: I've kinda felt the same way. Those saying it's being overblown were probably the ones doing the bullying when they were that age.
That's a big time false generalization.
Why is it that I have a feeling the the ones protesting the "over reactions" here were the ones that were the instigators while in high school?

 

As a person that was on the other end of it I haven't seen over reactions.

 

I'd be lying if by some of your definitions of bullying, I was on both sides of it in my youth. I'm not excusing it I just don't believe in over the top punishments until I have all the info.

There's a reason why healthcare workers use universal precautions when handling bodily fluids (including urine) and why even a minor contact with those fluids is cause for concern..

 

I'm still more concerned that the victim felt he had to quit the team. The offender(s) should not be allowed to be a part of the team in any capacity until he feels comfortable enough to return. That may be never but it's up to him.

 

Would expect him to return next year along with some of his buddies that did not or could not play this year.

If they pass that along then again I'll revisit what I think they should be punished. But I'm not going to punish someone based on something that could happen when in reality squirting on someone has nearly a 0% chance of doing the above. That's what I mean by over reaction.

 

Maybe I just have a forgiving heart with dumb decisions in their youth because my Lord did I do crazy stuff I regret. I don't think I was ever a bad person but I was just young and dumb and the approach I'm talking about is how the adults handled me and without that who knows what paths I would of took.

 

I just want to be clear I've not once said the kids shouldn't be punished. It was a dumb inexcusable decision. But before I say they need kicked off the team I need a lot more information.

 

Please list your source saying there is a 0% chance of contracting something from infected urine please.

 

I do agree there is a low probability but to say there is 0% chance is just not correct.

Would expect him to return next year along with some of his buddies that did not or could not play this year.

 

I hope so. I want the offender(s) punished fairly but I also want this young man to be comfortable enough to be part of the team again. That's most important to me.

Please list your source saying there is a 0% chance of contracting something from infected urine please.

 

I do agree there is a low probability but to say there is 0% chance is just not correct.

 

I said nearly that can mean anything lol.

You don't know the girl or the situation so how could you be pretty sure about anything? You don't even know the facts of this situation; you are just here to bash Highlands as always.

 

Only a Highlands fan would try to point the finger at another school. :stop:

If they pass that along then again I'll revisit what I think they should be punished. But I'm not going to punish someone based on something that could happen when in reality squirting on someone has nearly a 0% chance of doing the above. That's what I mean by over reaction.

 

Maybe I just have a forgiving heart with dumb decisions in their youth because my Lord did I do crazy stuff I regret. I don't think I was ever a bad person but I was just young and dumb and the approach I'm talking about is how the adults handled me and without that who knows what paths I would of took.

 

I just want to be clear I've not once said the kids shouldn't be punished. It was a dumb inexcusable decision. But before I say they need kicked off the team I need a lot more information.

 

0% is an absolute. Nearly 0% is not an absolute. I like 0% better when it comes to HIV.

So no Spring Break for kids that play Baseball in 2015 at Highlands? I still think it's a shame that a coach can mandate something that I'm not so sure he can in order to basically Bully a kid in not going on Spring Break. It should be up to the kid and his/her family on whether they are going to stay back and play a Spring Sport and suffer the consequences with playing time.

 

See how it turned out this year? Certain kids as in Seniors could of spread their bad decisions somewhere else. It however shouldn't be stated at the 1st off season Baseball meeting that if you are going to go on Spring Break, you not permitted to play baseball. It's not spelled out anywhere like that but the message is Crystal Clear by the coaching staff. See where the Baseball Spring Break trip has gotten the Highlands program?

 

A 28 page discussion on Bluegrass Preps in just a couple of days. The end result on this whole debacle is that there won't be anymore future Spring Break trips for any Highlands Sports programs. Just watch, a couple of bad apples have ruined it for the entire Sports program.

So no Spring Break for kids that play Baseball in 2015 at Highlands? I still think it's a shame that a coach can mandate something that I'm not so sure he can in order to basically Bully a kid in not going on Spring Break. It should be up to the kid and his/her family on whether they are going to stay back and play a Spring Sport and suffer the consequences with playing time.

 

See how it turned out this year? Certain kids as in Seniors could of spread their bad decisions somewhere else. It however shouldn't be stated at the 1st off season Baseball meeting that if you are going to go on Spring Break, you not permitted to play baseball. It's not spelled out anywhere like that but the message is Crystal Clear by the coaching staff. See where the Baseball Spring Break trip has gotten the Highlands program?

 

A 28 page discussion on Bluegrass Preps in just a couple of days. The end result on this whole debacle is that there won't be anymore future Spring Break trips for any Highlands Sports programs. Just watch, a couple of bad apples have ruined it for the entire Sports program.

 

An old debate and probably one for another thread.

 

I'd probably have the same rule.

An old debate and probably one for another thread.

 

I'd probably have the same rule.

 

I'm sure you would:thumb:

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Fixed quote tags

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.