Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

You don't know the girl or the situation so how could you be pretty sure about anything? You don't even know the facts of this situation; you are just here to bash Highlands as always.

 

Well said.

 

If we all band together and ignore him, maybe he'll just go away? :idunno:

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

I'm sure you would:thumb:

 

Not sure what that means but...

 

If you've been around here as long as I have you'll remember that I've been saying this same thing for years - including years before Jeremy took over. My friend Leatherneck and I have had MANY debates (on the board and in email) about this. He agrees with you. I completely disagree with both of you.

 

So my stance has been consistent for a long time. We wouldn't put up with a week off in football (nor should we). We shouldn't in any sport.

If they pass that along then again I'll revisit what I think they should be punished. But I'm not going to punish someone based on something that could happen when in reality squirting on someone has nearly a 0% chance of doing the above. That's what I mean by over reaction.

 

Maybe I just have a forgiving heart with dumb decisions in their youth because my Lord did I do crazy stuff I regret. I don't think I was ever a bad person but I was just young and dumb and the approach I'm talking about is how the adults handled me and without that who knows what paths I would of took.

 

I just want to be clear I've not once said the kids shouldn't be punished. It was a dumb inexcusable decision. But before I say they need kicked off the team I need a lot more information.

 

So what does your forgiving heart say to the one that it was done to? Oh I'm sorry for doing something that obviously bothered you really bad and made you feel like you needed to quit the team to get away from it. I'm sorry that what I did is going to lead to other high school kids who are still immature to use that to make fun of him still for being the boy who got pee put on him. Which as we all agree high school boys are dumb and their are going to be kids who make fun of him for that happening to him. I'm sorry that I felt like doing came at the cost of you.

 

However lets have a forgiving heart for the kids who did that and basically have their punishment mean nothing because at the end of the day missing a few meaningless regular season games will mean nothing to them if they still have the chance to play in the region with a chance to go to state. Now I do agree now that expelling them is to much, however a punishment of kicking off of the team is more than fair and the right thing to do for what they did to another individual.

Well said.

 

If we all band together and ignore him, maybe he'll just go away? :idunno:

 

Isn't that how world war 2 got started?

Not sure what that means but...

 

If you've been around here as long as I have you'll remember that I've been saying this same thing for years - including years before Jeremy took over. My friend Leatherneck and I have had MANY debates (on the board and in email) about this. He agrees with you. I completely disagree with both of you.

 

So my stance has been consistent for a long time. We wouldn't put up with a week off in football (nor should we). We shouldn't in any sport.

 

Well I will tell you that when Jeremy opened a very big loophole last Spring Break with allowing 1 individual that I will not name go another direction during Spring Break and visit family and return to the team with no penalties, it didn't go over well with a few in town. Again, Ft Thomas is a small town and people gossip. That's what we do. Especially when the same rules don't apply to everyone. No need to eventually get back to me when you find out what you need and try to convince me otherwise, that it's not the same as going on Spring Break with your family. It wasn't a medical Emergency nor a Death in the family, just a good ole wanting to go visit family in Cali. Like you said, maybe this is for another discussion. As the world turns my friend.

Here is all the information you need. From the time kids are potty trained they know urine goes in the toilet and gets flushed away. 17-18 year old young men, not kids, know this and know better than to spray, poor, or whatever happened, urine on another person. It doesn't matter if they have a history of bullying/harassment or not, the fact is they knew better. Once you break the situation down, its pretty simple.

Well said.

 

If we all band together and ignore him, maybe he'll just go away? :idunno:

 

Good luck! :laugh:

Well said.

 

If we all band together and ignore him, maybe he'll just go away? :idunno:

 

Wishful thinking, however...give it a couple months and it will take care of itself....again....oh how I look forward to the sabbaticals brought on by lack of self control. :lol2:

I'm with ya on this...I'm a little surprised at the outrage, and I have to believe that a fair number on here have 1) played hs sport and 2) been hazed to some extent.

 

It's gross, fair enough, not condoning it, but I can guarantee much worse has happened with a lot less punishment in lockers rooms around the US.

 

This should be a monumental learning opportunity for these kids, not a death sentance...and this is coming from a person who had a kid severly bullied in HS that retaliated...and consequently paid the price for the retaliation.

 

After reading several pages of this, I'm on your line of thinking here BirdBrain. Why is this thing 29 pages long? Some kids wizzed in a bottle, squirted it on a fellow player. Disgusting, yes...stupid, yes...punishment worthy, yes...but I have to tell you I am quite surprised this thread went anywhere near this long.

 

Obviously people don't know what all goes on during many trips or behind the locker room door. Not condoning it cause it's disgusting vile and stupid, but dumb kids are gonna do dumb things sometimes, and if this is the worst thing that happens to Highlands this year, count them lucky. Kick the kids off the team for being disgusting boneheads and move on.

I haven't seen or might have passed it up, but what part of the body did they squirt, leg, face, arm?

  • Author
After reading several pages of this, I'm on your line of thinking here BirdBrain. Why is this thing 29 pages long? Some kids wizzed in a bottle, squirted it on a fellow player. Disgusting, yes...stupid, yes...punishment worthy, yes...but I have to tell you I am quite surprised this thread went anywhere near this long.

 

Obviously people don't know what all goes on during many trips or behind the locker room door. Not condoning it cause it's disgusting vile and stupid, but dumb kids are gonna do dumb things sometimes, and if this is the worst thing that happens to Highlands this year, count them lucky. Kick the kids off the team for being disgusting boneheads and move on.

 

Sounds like too many schools don't deal with the problem effectively.

 

Highlands has their chance this round, we shall all see what they decide.

To all the suspended kids involved that are probably sitting there reading the comments: I hope you are realizing all the posters on here have done something stupid at one time or another. Be sorry, forgiven and don't let this moment define you. Go be a better person. You can.

 

Are you serious?? The poor kids who squirted urine in someone please don't be offensed by what someone is saying about you! Well here is something if you are reading this.... Kid or not, that was the most pathetic, disgusting thing you could have done to someone. At this point you guys should be the last of someone's concerns on whether your feelings get hurt. I feel sorry for each and every one of you posters who think this is is in anyway ok!! Shame on you!

After reading several pages of this, I'm on your line of thinking here BirdBrain. Why is this thing 29 pages long? Some kids wizzed in a bottle, squirted it on a fellow player. Disgusting, yes...stupid, yes...punishment worthy, yes...but I have to tell you I am quite surprised this thread went anywhere near this long.

 

Obviously people don't know what all goes on during many trips or behind the locker room door. Not condoning it cause it's disgusting vile and stupid, but dumb kids are gonna do dumb things sometimes, and if this is the worst thing that happens to Highlands this year, count them lucky. Kick the kids off the team for being disgusting boneheads and move on.

It is a Highlands Thread man
Sounds like too many schools don't deal with the problem effectively.

 

Highlands has their chance this round, we shall all see what they decide.

 

Already stated what the punishment was. 3 day school suspension and 5 game baseball suspension. Not sure who determined the baseball suspension, admin, ad, coach or combination of all.

 

Again, the issue is the victim quit, but the others get to continue playing. Other things I am hearing about what is said in the halls at school make me puke.

Already stated what the punishment was. 3 day school suspension and 5 game baseball suspension. Not sure who determined the baseball suspension, admin, ad, coach or combination of all.

Yeah, from what I've heard...that is the final decision as far as the punishment goes...

Not saying my source is correct, but that's what he said.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.